Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chain drive

Originally posted by mitch
    Hey Mike , there is an eazy way to get more milage outta your chains but it isnt fun, Its called backing off the throttle Glad i cant streach my shaft drive ..................MITCH
    Well thanks for the advice Mitch! I seem to have the same problem as Mike. New chain and spockets on the Bandit at 13K. Backing off the throttle is not an option. We both know the 'happy handle' turns both ways...but only one of them is fun, right?
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Great discussion

I have a 2001 Bandit 1200..it has risers and Givi bags..I just got back from Fredricksberg TX. I rode 860 miles 3 days trip and had 22lbs of stuff in the right bag and 21lbs in the left bag and 26 lbs in the top case I also had a makeshift back rest that was 12 lbs I also had my tank bag with 6lbs of stuff also it was raining and 43 degrees most of the time..I know most guys wont put bags on the Bandit..but a push of the button and I have a bagless ride.. I have ridden the v65 1982 and was not impressed with the handling it was a bit top heavy..I have a few complaints about the Bandit one is the chain... messy but easy to change final drive ratio...and I am always looking for more wind protection..but for the $$$ I can't find anything close to the performance handling looks etc.. Sorry to chime in so late but a great topic.. I forgot to add with me and my riding gear I weighed 275 so with gear and me on the bike I had 349 lbs on the beast and she averaged in the low 40's mpg and when no load I easily get 45-47 mpg not bad for a bike with 125 jets and modified exhaust and airbox...

ride safe and God Bless Shack
      Shack
      79 xs11 Special "SOLD Aug 26 2003"
      2001 GSF K 1200 Bandit "BIG 12"
      Oct 02
      2001 GSF Naked + Black 1200 Dec 03
      3176 miles

Comment

Working...
      X