'94 Bmw K1100rs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 Bmw K1100rs

Does anyone on the list have any experience or knowlege of this model BEEMER? I saw one with 26k, dusty sitting by the road for ssale. It has been down Gently. A couple of scrapes and a cracked but Very repairable fairing, IMO. It has heated grips an adjustablespoiler on the windshield and ABS on off switch on the "dash".
    Santa Jim
    79 XS11SF
    79 GL100
    83 GL1100 I

Jim,

The BMW "K-bikes" are all quite reliable mile eaters. The K1100RS is more or less in the same sport touring category as the ST1100. I had a K75S which is a 3 cylinder version of the K100/K1100 series. Great bike but I ended up selling it because it was a little too "sport" and not enough "touring" for me. The K75 was very smooth, the K100's I've ridden vibrated very bad. I'm told the K1100 was better than the K100 but I've never ridden one. You might want to take a look at www.ibmwr.org and click on the marketplace link to see what they are going for.

Steve Warren
    Steve Warren Lawrenceville GA
    http://home.attbi.com/~stevewarren/
    2002 VF750C
    1977 GL1000 CWC#449

Comment

I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus..........

Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

If u want more sporty BMW, the K100RS is it. If u want a touring BMW, R100RT.
        Check out what the www.umgweb.com has to say bout em.
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

The fact is, no matter if it is a k100rs, k1100rs, r1100rs, r100rs, ect.... it's still a BMW. If it was treated as such, you can't go wrong. Solid European engineering. We've got a lot to learn!~
          1978 Yamaha XS1100 Standard

Comment

If you want sporty touring there's always the venerable R1100S ... complete w/ ABS, the market is wide open right now. Check ebay, check www.ibmwr.org, even check out [url=http://forums.pelicanparts.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=24]Pelican Parts R1100S Forum[url] if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ErricZ
              If you want sporty touring there's always the venerable R1100S ... complete w/ ABS, the market is wide open right now. Check ebay, check www.ibmwr.org, even check out Pelican Parts R1100S Forum if you are interested.

WHERE IS THE EDITING FEATURE FELLAS????

Comment

Working...
              X