Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn

I was wondering if there was anything that could be done to make the horn louder.

My bike is a 78 yamaha XS400 special II.

Thnaks
    Finch

Re: Horn

Finch wrote:
    I was wondering if there was anything that could be done to make the horn louder.
    The easiest thing to do is mount two horns. Many cars have a high tone and a low tone. You can buy hi/lo horns for around $8 each at most do-it-yourself auto supply stores.

Good luck!

XSively,
    Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

I've always been fond of air horns. ;o)

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hey Geezer,

Thanks for the information, I will see what I can find, Loud horns are nice what about a train whistle? Think I might be able to get it attached to Igor

Finch

Comment

Originally posted by Finch
          Hey Geezer,

Thanks for the information, I will see what I can find, Loud horns are nice what about a train whistle? Think I might be able to get it attached to Igor

Finch
          I went to the store today and bought a set of air horns ($32) and I mounted them up tonight. I've taken advantage of removing the airbox and mounted the compressor there, right next to the alarm. I wonder what more I can put in that space. ;o)

I used to have air horns on my Guzzi; I've never regretted the decision. They’re more trouble to mount and then you have those long horns that are always in the way, but it’s worth it the first time some ******* starts to force his way into my lane. I gave him a blast and he quickly retreated.

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Geezer,

I am just learning how to ride a bike, but I have been a passanger for awhile now and we have had our share of close calls with stupid drivers!!!!
            What gets me is when the driver in the cars screws up.... they look at you like you are a dumb****. And then has enough nerve to flip you off
            Thanks for the advice on the horn

Finch

Comment

Working...
            X