1989 gs1100g service manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 gs1100g service manual

Does anyone have a link to a good gs1100 forum or a download site for the service manual for a 1989 GS1100G. We have no spark on any plug right now. Any Ideas.Thanks
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

GS1100G 82/83 was a shaft. Prior to that they made a GS1100 80/81 that was chain.

After that they went to an 1150, then to the GSX's.

Which is it??

I have a PDF of the wiring diagram I can send you.
    Richard

Comment

It is a shaft drive for sure. I know it says GS11000G on its side covers. The owner says it is a 89, but I wondered enough to try to see the manufacture date on the tree. It has a Vetter which made it impossible for me to see the manufacture date so I went with what the owner told me. Funny how I could not find that bike in any forums or wiring diagrams. I would appreciate the wiring diagram you have. If it is too big a file I will PM you my email address. Thanks a bunch.
      2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

No such thing as an 89 GS1100G. Maybe a 79, or very early 80's. Unless its a GSX1100G, which is an oil cooled shaftie, and a very different animal.

Comment

Yup pretty much have decided to check the manufacture date on the bike tomorrow and let the poor guy know his bike is 10 years older than he thinks. I had this inkling in the back of my head that said he was wrong but he was so sure...that I let it slide. I could have saved myself a lot of grief today had i just checked. Thanks guys. Oh and bye the way I sovled its problems with a battery charge and a new vacuum line to the Suzy version of the octy. Its running again
          2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
            Does anyone have a link to a good gs1100 forum or a download site for the service manual for a 1989 GS1100G. We have no spark on any plug right now. Any Ideas.Thanks
            Here is the GS forum a buddy of mine belongs to. He says its suppose to be one of the better ones out there. http://www.thegsresources.com/

Hope that helps you.
            Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
            Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
            Pod Filters
            DynoJet Kit
            T.C.'s Fuse Block
            Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
            Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
            V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Thanks Mr Ozz. From what I have seen so far that looks like a good site.
              2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Wiring diagram work for ya?
                Richard

Comment

Originally posted by MacMcMacmac View Post
                  No such thing as an 89 GS1100G. Maybe a 79, or very early 80's. Unless its a GSX1100G, which is an oil cooled shaftie, and a very different animal.
                  Originally posted by rpgoerlich View Post
                  GS1100G 82/83 was a shaft. Prior to that they made a GS1100 80/81 that was chain.

After that they went to an 1150, then to the GSX's.

Which is it??

I have a PDF of the wiring diagram I can send you.
                  Hey Rpgoerlich and MacMcMacmac .This was the most helpful info of all. I did not know squat until you guys posted. Today we looked at the manufacture date on the bike and Bill was mistaken about it being a 89. The build date was 12/81 which makes it an 82. The wiring diagram made it here after the fact I discovered that the battery was simply too low to make spark and we had it running. I was sure scratching my noggin for a bit though. Now I have thru the ebsco site a complete manual so we can keep his bike running good. Thanks to all for the help
                  2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Working...
                  X