150cc Scooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150cc Scooter

A buddy of mine just got one of these delivered right to his door. It's pretty cool. Suppose to get 100 miles to the gallon and do around 70 mph! It's an automatic and has a kick start as well as electric start and has tons of storage. Besides the trunk, there is storage under the seat and in the fairing. The price is right! SWMBO is thinking about getting one. You can't even get a used one around here on craigslist for that price.

150cc scooter

They even have Scooter Trikes!
    Last edited by mstic2000; 07-11-2010, 04:56 AM.
    My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Lifetime technical support

I'm sure there is a lot of fine print with that one.
    XS1100F TKAT fork brace Stock suspension. Vetter Fairing. Pingel Petcocks. Geezer voltage regulator
    http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3026.jpg
    650SF
    http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF2647.jpg
    XS1100SG Project bike
    http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3034.jpg

Comment

Uhm....
      Uhm....
      Uhm....

Uhm... now I'm not tellin' ya what to do, but...
      Uhm... err... don't do it.

Now, I don't want to say too much... nor admit to anything lest GNEPIG and others start jumpin' all over my back again. So, ahhh.. let's just say I know a little about scooters, uhm, errr... like Vespa... and several Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean models, etc.
      Now, Vespa is a good brand, as is Yamaha's, etc.
      Here's the deal on the others...
      Uhm.... where ya gonna get it serviced at? Where ya gonna get parts from?
      "Oh, I'll do all the work myself."
      Good luck locating a manual.

I went to their site for this:
      ""it may be necessary for your vehicle to be setup by a local service center""

By local service center, they mean Kawa, Yama, Honda, etc... and, uhm... you'll never find a dealership where a mechanic will even walk outside to look at the thing for you.

Now, again, I don't want too say to much... as I don't really need to hear the howls of ridicule again, but there's been rumers, let's say... that in the early days, I "may" have worked at a place that sold that cheap crap. If that were the case, I'm sure that I would have horror stories to tell about cracked frames, faulty engines and very "happy" customers.

Now... even if I "had" worked at another place, say... at one of the big four that just happened to also sell Vespa, there might also be a few stories to tell.
      "But you're a scooter dealer... why can't you fix my "Touch and Go" chinese scooter?"
      "I bought this scooter at COSTCO and it doesn't run anymore."
      Frankly, Sir... I'm surprised that it even ran at all.

Anyway... based upon my "limited" scooter experience, there's my views on the subject of third-world made scooters.

I know what's coming next... so I'll post it before you guys do.
      All I've got to say is, someone photoshopped my head onto some doofuss's body.

EDIT: the technical support is over the phone, Rickrod.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

great prices

Lots of cool scoots on the site. The trikes are awesome for someone that just wants to buzz around the city and look cool cheap. Thanks for the interesting site info,,,Mike in Sun DIego
        mike
        1982 xj1100 maxim
        1981 venture bagger
        1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
        1959 wife

Comment

Wow. Are you serious?

Comment

I get eMails all the time from guys with these things that are having electrical problems. The main problem is Chinese electrics suck and the second problem is the design of Chinese electrical systems sucks even worse...

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

yes

Hey geezer, these scooters are what they are, cheap transportation. There are dealers that stock zero tuneup and repair parts and some that are better equipped than the big guys who need to order even the most basic stuff. Here in Calif. there are plenty of good scooters, Kymco, for example. They manufacture under a lot of diff. names, but their support is better than the big Japs. Then you have the Pep boys and walmart stuff which is crapola. This particular site has fairly good support for basic maintenance parts and can supply or order all the rest. Most scooters never see more than 1000 miles a year, and are not ridden at speed or harshly. For those who can pickout a supported, cheap scooter manufacturer will save a lot. A lot of the mechanicals in these cheap scooters and even the Jap scooters is chinese made, check it out. Out here in Calif. there are a lot of scoots in city, most are the Kymco, and other Chinese brands. Heck, the depreciation of a Jap scooter out the door is most than what a similar Kymco type scoot costs. I love Yamaha but for running around town cheaply, the cheapies are fine...............check out Kymcousa.com.
              mike
              1982 xj1100 maxim
              1981 venture bagger
              1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
              1959 wife

Comment

Everything that you say, Soccer4m is true. I shall try to dispute none of it.

My views are only those of someone who had to work on them.
                Maybe I've just got "Mechanic's Bias", meaning... I only saw the broken ones.

All of us on this site are mechanically minded, to some degree, and can easily fix things... if we can lay our hands on the parts.

The first shop I worked at sold these off brands. He sold Kasea, Eagle, Roketa, Roadrunner, ATK, Xtreme Motor Company, Qlink, Schwinn, Hyosung... and many more that I can't remember.
                Anyway, the common link here was... He would carry a brand for a year or so... till he got tired of customer complaints and the lack of support and parts from the distributor. He'd then become a dealer for the next brand... and go through the same thing a year later.
                I suppose there's nothing wrong with them if you bear in mind that it's a cheap, disposable form of transportation.
                "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I think I'll wait for the disposable scooters to come out. But really, I'll let ya all know how my friend's scooter works out for him. I'm not going to rush right out and get one today. I'll just sit back and let him be the guinea pig. He's as happy as can be with it right now. It gets him where he needs to go at close to 100 miles to the gallon. I'm not saying that these are the greatest things since sliced bread but I'm seeing more and more of them on the road so they all can't be junk being fixed in the shop. They may be cheaply made but heck, for the price, if they last long enough to pay for themselves in the gas they save, I would think that right there would be worth it.
                  My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X