Carb problem on XJ750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb problem on XJ750

Recently cleaned my carbs on a 82' XJ750 Maxim. Was preparing to sync carbs however engine wouldn't turn over. Cranks strong but no catch. Would start temporarily if fuel was spayed directly into vacuum ports on intake. Assume its not getting fuel from carburetor. Any simple things I may be missing here. Help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Carb problem on XJ750

Dunsterj wrote:
    Recently cleaned my carbs on a 82' XJ750 Maxim. Was preparing to sync carbs however engine wouldn't turn over. Cranks strong but no catch. Would start temporarily if fuel was spayed directly into vacuum ports on intake....Any simple things I may be missing here. Help is greatly appreciated.
    Since you just cleaned the carbs, the float bowls are empty. Try turning the petcock(s) to PRIME. That allows fuel to go straight to the carbs.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

XSively,
    Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Check all the easy stuff first. Like is there gas flowing through the fuel line. Try unscrewing one of the plugs on the bottem of the carbs to see if gas is coming out. If not, you may need to recheck the float levels.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Carb problem on XJ750

Thanks for the help, turned out to be a stupid mistake on my part. Floats were upside down! Works great now. Just need to sync.

Comment

Working...
        X