84 Venture Royal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 Venture Royal

Well i picked up my venture ,wow what a nice bike,she aint got the go of the xj but the seat is some comfy!Electric cruise works nice! I said id never drive a touring bike Must be old age creepin up on me im goin for the comfort. The xj is on the classifieds hope u guys still let me hang with ya regards ,MITCH
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

While the Venture is no slouch, you can get more out of it. The (relatively) easy, you can transplant the heads and carbs from a V-Max and viola, more ponies.

A friend of mine builds FI systems for sandrails and I was asking him about FI for bikes and he reply was no problem. So if I don’t convert my XS11s to FI, I will eventually do the conversion on a Venture.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I had an 83 for a while, make sure you want a HEAVY touring bike all the time, even in town. It took me two years to find out I didn't. Stay on as long as you like
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Hey Geezer

Keep us posted on the FI project. I've been thinking about converting mine but haven't had the time or money yet to delve into it seriously.
        1978 XS1100E "Flashback"

"If at first you don't succeed.... Get a bigger hammer."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff
          Hey Geezer

Keep us posted on the FI project. I've been thinking about converting mine but haven't had the time or money yet to delve into it seriously.
          I wan't start the FI project until this winter but it's not going to be cheap. I've been told I can do it for under $500 but not by much.

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
          X