Does anyone know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know...

Hello again everyone! Ok here is my problem for the day. I just bought a cafe seat for my XS750 I has the cutout for the cateye light. I was wondering if anyone had one hangin around or knew where I could get the light cheaper then 50 bucks. Also I have a slight concern about mounting, The frame was cut then an extension was welded on. This ended up removing the mounts where the seat would go... Is there an easy fix for this or am I going to have to weld them on. Please any info would be awesome! Thanx again everyone! You guys are an awesome tool for this novice

not sure about your welding question but give these guys a try for the cateye tail light. Looks like under chopper parts they have it with and without license plate bracket for under 50.

http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm
    My Stable:

2006 Triumph Bonneville Black
    1979 Yamaha XS11 Special (2 of them)
    1982 Yamaha XS400 Heritage Special
    1981 Suzuki GS550 E
    1976 Honda CB550F Supersport

Comment

I believe I was just called a tool!

Comment

Rofl!!!!!!! :d:d:d
        My Stable:

2006 Triumph Bonneville Black
        1979 Yamaha XS11 Special (2 of them)
        1982 Yamaha XS400 Heritage Special
        1981 Suzuki GS550 E
        1976 Honda CB550F Supersport

Comment

Originally posted by Pinupbettie View Post
          - - - I just bought a cafe seat for my XS750 - - - I have a slight concern about mounting, The frame was cut then an extension was welded on. This ended up removing the mounts where the seat would go... Is there an easy fix for this or am I going to have to weld them on. - - -
          Hi Bettie,
          it took my son nearly a year to find a replacement seat for his XS750, it seems that their seat pans rust out for a pastime. Is your cafe seat meant to fit the stock seat hinges and latch or is it a DIY installation?
          Either way it's likely you will need a "bro with torch" to get the seat properly installed.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Bro with torch?

what part of the world are you in again?

in my area, there are many gal's that are better mechanics then i am.
            (i'm not pro.)

rock on. keep riding!
            1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
            1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Originally posted by MindWebs View Post
              Bro with torch? - - -
              Hi Peter,
              years ago our office cleaning lady gave me an "Easy Rider" calendar featuring artwork depicting good ol' boys riding Harley-Davidsons.
              It had an interesting telephone number page where one could write in emergency numbers.
              After the usual police, fire, ambulance etc numbers came
              lawyer, old lady's lawyer, ex-old lady's lawyer, bail bondsman, and finally, bro, bro and bro with truck.
              That last heading expanded into "bro with (whatever one needed at the time)"
              In Bettie's case, attaching a seat to her bike after the seat mounts were cut off needs a friend who is an expert welder, hence "bro with torch".
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
              X