82 XS400 Seca I picked up Friday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 XS400 Seca I picked up Friday.

A motorcycle collector friend got this one with a few other bikes. He mostly works on Kawasaki and Honda's. Since I run mostly Yamaha, he's called me on the last 3 which of course I got at a great price along with this one. 13kmi, not running, sat since 1995, tossed in a Metzler rear tire that he got with it. Had good compression, dirty carbs and tank. Cleaned up all the rusted chrome and other parts, blasted the corroded fins and changed out the rear tire. Got it running yesterday, still need to check valve clearances and tune carbs.

Richard

LUCKY GUY, clean bike, kinda small for u, ain't it!? lol wHAT U DOIN WITH IT?

Comment

Gonna flip it next week. Gotta make money for bait as offshore fishing is right around the corner!
      Richard

Comment

Looks good from the pic. If I could make a small suggestion, get a can of flat black and hit up the kickstands. Just my $.02.
        Dan
        Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
        Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
        while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Thanks, both kickstands look to be the only thing that aren't stock or are bent. Too short on the side stand as well as the centerstand. Note the rear tire on the ground.
          Richard

Comment

Dang Ruchard, I need a friend like that!!!

How do you clean the rusted chrome?

That is a sweet looking bike with what sounds like very little work, but it is amazing what can become "very little work" after pulling one like my barn find project.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Everyone needs a friend like that!
              Rusted chrome can be cleaned up without much scratching using some chrome polish and wadded up aluminum foil. If the chrome is pitted badly enough the pitts will still be there. The upper chrome motor mounts were actually peeling pretty bad, so I hit it with the bead blaster when I did the cylinder/head fins. A little silver rattle can fixes that right up .
              Richard

Comment

Nice lookin little scoot. Wouldn't mind a friend who would pass off a bike to me like that.
                BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
                80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

Working...
                X