Venture Chop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venture Chop...

Bought this yesterday from a guy in Long Island, New York, who sold and delivered it to me for $125. Hasn't been on the road since 2002. This used to be a 1984 Yamaha Venture Royale, a V4 cruiser version of a bike that was the basis of the V-max in 1985. The front fairing and some other cosmetic stuff had already been sold. I have no idea of the mileage. Still, I couldn't resist. Planning to do a minimal wiring job on it to see if I can get it going and then chop the frame and rebuild it as a rat bike. I really like the look of the V4 motor which looks like it came from another era with that "skyscraper" styling. Covered the bike in Liquid Wrench last night and started taking stuff off today. This thing had an onboard compressor for suspension adjustment, cruise control, even a CB radio at one point, plus the usual radio-cassette and bank of warning lights etc. Not any more...
    Gotta love the profile of that motor and the funky caps on the carbs... Looking forward to the job.

http://picasaweb.google.com/agfitz/8...eat=directlink

G/

Cool! Does the YICS eliminator work on that motor too?
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

The YICS seems to be some sort of long, sealed, external airbox gizmo, where four tubes from the intakes seem to gather. There is a nipple to attach the tube above each intake plenum. I am going to assume that all I have to do is put a vacuum cap on each of them to bypass the whole octopus-like doodad.. But who knows? Maybe it helps... I won't know for a while. Just ordered the manual today so that I can get an electrical schematic for a start.

G.

Comment

Finial Drive

Hey Gareth any idea on what the ratio of that finial drive is? Wondering if it is a potential 750 like change out for the 1100.
        wingnut
        81 SH (Daily Ride)
        81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
        81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
        82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
        81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The YICS system is completely different on the Ventures like gareth stated.

The YICS seems to be some sort of long, sealed, external airbox gizmo, where four tubes from the intakes seem to gather. There is a nipple to attach the tube above each intake plenum. I am going to assume that all I have to do is put a vacuum cap on each of them to bypass the whole octopus-like doodad.. But who knows? Maybe it helps... I won't know for a while.
          It should work if you plug those nipples as you suggested.

Larry
          Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
          http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
          82 XJ1100
          80 XS1100G (Project bike)
          64 Yamaha YA-6
          77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
          See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Working...
          X