Suzuki S40 Boulevard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki S40 Boulevard

Anybody have any experience with one of these? A friend is looking at one as a step up from her 535 Virago, mainly to get a decent range between fill-ups. The fuel range on her Virago makes the 11 Specials look like long-distance cruisers!
    Ken Talbot

Ken, think REFFI's wife rides one or similar. Maybe he will chime in with an answer.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Consider it a downgrade. At 31hp, I think she would find it quite a step backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Talbot View Post
        Anybody have any experience with one of these? A friend is looking at one as a step up from her 535 Virago, mainly to get a decent range between fill-ups. The fuel range on her Virago makes the 11 Specials look like long-distance cruisers!
        Hi Ken,
        The larger boulevards are a nice bike. I knew a guy who had a 535 Virago years ago. He could never keep it running long enough to need to refuel so she is doing better already
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Turns out she found a sweet deal locally on an '04 V-Star 1100, very much like this one:

Now I get to give her husband the gears about him riding pillion this summer when they tour with SWMBO and I. Either that, or he tries to keep up with us on his KLR.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

My GF and I looked into those, and decided to get a Boulevard S50, because it was better as far as weight/performance was concerned.

shes 5'2'' 130 lbs and its perfect for her.

Comment

Working...
            X