• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Hayabusa

he he

http://www.frontendtech.com/video/ot...t%20320KmH.wmv

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

That was great, played it a dozen times.
    Bruce Heckert
    1980 Yamaha XS11SG-sold
    1988 Honda GL 1500
    2001 Suzuki SV650S-sold
    1981 Honda CM200T
    2012 Honda CBR250-sold
    2012 Suzuki Vstrom

Comment

I didn't even follow your link. I've got several "high speed" Busa movies already burned onto CD. Nasty fast, nasty power. I'll maybe try an FZ1 to get the hang of Zip Splat. The Busa is the baddest out there. Too much for me.

Ben
      1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
      1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
      1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
      1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
      1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
      1982 XS650
      1980 XS1100g
      1979 XS1100sf
      1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

HOLY S@*T.... i hope that was a modified bike... if it was stock... never would i ride it...
        Shawn
        78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
        78 XS1100E Parts
        www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Originally posted by sksxs1100
          HOLY S@*T.... i hope that was a modified bike... if it was stock... never would i ride it...
          He he, instead you and me are ridin a 130MPH bike that stops like a train.

LP
          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Hey 66, was that you on ANOTHER dealer test ride??
            Marty in NW PA
            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

It doesn't look authentic

This clip is very good, if you don't take into account a couple of things that seem not so logical.

I know that suzuki has a speed limiter on these bikes to keep with the "speed race truce" that the big 4 called a couple years back. I also know that some guys are doing things to the busa to make it faster. For example a team working with turbos and MAJOR mods are getting past 200, but not by much (a couple of mph's, maybe 4-5).

And this guy with a non-turbo(you would hear a turbo spooling) goes easily up to, and past, 220? This alone smells bull****.

I'll have to do the math tomorrow, but the road also seems to go by wwwaaaay too slow.

The speedo sensor is taken out of the transmission, not the front wheel, so it he put a larger rear sproket or a smaller rear wheel, then he could get the blazing acceleration and fake the top speed quite easily.

Like I said, i'll try to sort this out tomorrow with some math, but for now I'll just thow in a line to get your opinion on this.

-Justin

Comment

I *did* wonder the same thing, since everything I've read seems to indicate that the superbikes are governor limited to 184mph. Having lower gears would explain the nasty wheelie in gears 1-4.

I also heard that the way around that kind of limiter in the Busa is with a mod chip that confuses the bike computer as to which gear it is actually in. Supposedly if you can trick the bike into thinking it's in 5th gear (when it's actually in 6th) you can get the full revs out of the transmission. Keep in mind these are only things I've dug up on the interenet.

I read a "shootout" article a year ago or something about trying to get the ZX-11 and Busa to 200mph. They were trying to get there with only a different pipe. It was an interesting article.

Even more interesting was the article I read only weeks ago about how drag affects top speed. This fellow took a stock Hayabusa and made it much stronger with mods, lowered it, lengthened it, and designed a bunch of aerodynamic plastics. The article stated he had no problem reaching 230+ mph.

At 75mph on the XS, the seating is so upright that you get belted right under the neck with severe wind. It seems it's not so much about horsepower as it is about reducing drag. If that's the case, the XS, especially standards, have no hope.

Ben
                1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
                1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
                1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
                1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
                1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
                1982 XS650
                1980 XS1100g
                1979 XS1100sf
                1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Hey.... 130+ on a Standard is just fine by me...... especially if I use it as a daily driver. Besides... unless you are going to race it.... who needs something that fast anyway?
                  1978 XS1100E "Flashback"

"If at first you don't succeed.... Get a bigger hammer."

Comment

I have seen that video before and it's from a guy at http://www.superkaos.com/ he tells you that the bike is geared (different sprockets) and does not try to pass it off as something it is not. Anyway as for speed limiting, the 99 Busa is not restricted, the other years are limited to 186, BUT if you buy a power commander you can by-pass the factory limitations.

The stock 'Busa still kicks.......even if it only goes 186. (300KPH)
                    Gary Granger
                    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

HERE IS ANOTHER

It's a 22 MB file.

Suzuki Hayabusa - Modded turbo bike.wmv

Comment

Hi guys. I've been lucky enough to own a bus for a few years now, so I hope you don't mind if I toss in a few pennies.

As sixty says, that vid is the real deal. I'm about %99 sure the bike had a turbo on it at the time of that video. A stock busa is pushing 150-160 at the rear tire with some turbos easily doubling+ that depending on the turbo, how much it's turned up, etc... With that kind of HP and the busas aerodynamics, turbo'd busas are clearing 200 mph by much more than a few mph.

There are guys in Florida that claim to run stock(ish) busas just over 200 all the time. Racing the 9/10 (don't ask me why they don't do the full mile ) is pretty popular out there with the big bore crowd

Although it was more than just a streeter with a turbo, John Noonan recently did 246 at Bonneville on a stretched/lowered 1650 turbo bus. They had it on Discovery (I think) and it was a blast to watch.

The "original" 99 copper busa did a certified 194 to become the fastest production motorcycle in the world. Most agree that the bike was first restricted in 01 to the mid 180's. The way to get around that is with a product called a TRE. It does essentially what ae7f said. It's a $75 part. No need to spend big bucks on a PCIII.
                        Mad Mike

Comment

I'm just not sure about that first one. At the end of the clip when the speedometer reads 100 mph - it seems like he's going about 60.

Comment

Originally posted by beechfront
                            I'm just not sure about that first one. At the end of the clip when the speedometer reads 100 mph - it seems like he's going about 60.
                            I dunno what to tell you. I've taped my bike at over 100 and it looks much slower. It's very hard to show a sense of speed on a straight. Heck, even when he's redlined in 6th it doesn't look like he's over 150 IMHO. But, even on a stocker, logic of the gears and tach say he's AT LEAST 40mph over that.

Also, without trying to sound like an a$$, 100 feels like about 60 on a busa.

Kevin has been posting on busa boards since he first got the bike and did the turbo. He's ridden with a lot of guys. If he was full of it, I think someone with big bore speed knowledge would have called him on it loooong ago.

If it makes you feel better, most new bikes read %6 - %7 over true speed. That would put him at 93 instead of 100 if he doesn't have a yellow box on it.
                            Mad Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X