Battery Level Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Level Sensor

On my 1981 750 Seca there is a battery level sensor or I should say there was a sensor. It's gone and the wiring for the sensor is present. This causes the battery fault to stay lit. Is there a simple way to eliminate this warning lite? Gary

Sensor Trick

I found the instructions to trick the sensor, but the related photos don't show up. Is everyone else having the same problem?

Comment

Yeah, I've got one on my 1100 Maxim. Dumbest thing Yamaha ever put on a bike, IMHO. My light's on more than it's off. Just be glad yours doesn't have a flashing red "warning" light like mine does to go along w/ it! Talk about a PITA!

You can put a resistor in the wire to trick it.
      Can't remember what value though.

What really sucks is when you have one, & it still goes off...
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

They are still available. Every now and then you can find one on Ebay.

But you can supply 2+v switched power to that circuit to turn off the warning lamp.

Chacal over on the XJbikes forum has them, search for battery sensor here: Battery Sensor

He has a good write up on them.
        Richard

Comment

Jerry, has a post about eliminating this on the XJ1100's. Sould probably work for you as well.
          http://www.xs11.com/xs11-info/tech-t...liminator.html
          Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
          Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
          while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Battery Sensor

Did the mod to eliminate the sensor today. Tweaked it a bit works as advertised. Great!

Comment

Dang! I wish I'd seen this earlier. Would've sent you my sensor. I got a sensor with the batt I bought, but don't need it. Would've given it to you for the cost of an envelope to mail it in.
              BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
              80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

Working...
              X