81 750 seca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 750 seca

I picked up a barely running seca. I pulled and cleaned the carbs. The bike runs alot better, but I am having trouble with the engine returning to idle. The slides appear to move freely and I am convinced this is where my problem is. Does anyone know of a test I can perform to find out for sure? Would a leak in the diaphram or diaphrams cause this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Gary

Originally posted by GaryS View Post
    I picked up a barely running seca. I pulled and cleaned the carbs. The bike runs alot better, but I am having trouble with the engine returning to idle. The slides appear to move freely and I am convinced this is where my problem is. Does anyone know of a test I can perform to find out for sure? Would a leak in the diaphram or diaphrams cause this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Gary
    With most engines, if they return to idle slowly they are usually idling too lean. Richening the mixture will very often correct this, while also increasing idle speed which you will have to turn down.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

yep..

perhaps the slides, but not highly likely.

if there are no pinholes or tears in the diaphrams you are good there.

i have fought this problem on all 3 of my yamer's and it has alway's been a case of the carb needing syncronization.

if 1 is pulling differently then all will have a hard time returning to idle.

and you "need" to close down the YICS passageway.

it will allow you to give it a MUCH more accurite sync.
      it can be done without tool, but i don't recomend riding it that way.
      it's a good way to starve a cylinder.
      1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
      1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

oh, yeah...

Here is the instructions for the yics tool.
        http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A9OXKD79

i just loaded the file.

let me know if you need some bits of silicone hose, i may have some laying around yet.

if you have any questions, keep them coming, we like a chalenge.

Webs
        1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
        1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Carb Sync

I bought a YCIS tool for syncing the carbs, and the tool helps out like you said. Thank you for your response. I inspected the diaphrams on the slides and I cannot see any holes or other damage and the slides appear to move freely in bores. Tomorrow I'm going to try adjusting the mixture screws. I'll post an update. Thank You, Gary

Comment

Read this post...

Now available for most bikes.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ics+eliminator

Thanks Yahman
            Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
            Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
            while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

YICS Eliminator

Thanks Dan.

It fits all of the XJ models with the YICS system. Just search "YICS Eliminator" on eBay.

Larry
              Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
              http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
              82 XJ1100
              80 XS1100G (Project bike)
              64 Yamaha YA-6
              77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
              See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Working...
              X