My Connie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Connie

As you Know i picked up a 99 Concours after 4600 miles this summer all i can say is wow i am very happy with it. it handles very well has great wind protection and being water cooled and and having 6 spds is a bonus, but of course im sick like everyone else on here and cant leave well enough alone lol. so far all new kevlar brake lines i just finsihed up brackets to mount my 6 piston calipers i had off a wrecked Ninja ZX10. Fork brace sonic 1.5 springs racetech oil 15 wt and race tech Cartridge emulators.all new EBC pads anotehr connie ownwer make aa 7th gear as we call it we use the bevel gear from a Voyager and gives up 12% od in all gears. now for teh fun part i started fabbing up my 4 into plate to mount my Turbo i will be using a garret CT25 and set it for about 8-11 psi also building alum airbox since i will run AF off the turbo inlet. TGhis should make a fun sleep oh and yes this have given me alot more time to m ake my 79 Spec perfect pics soon to follow of all new paint work.
    John
    79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
    80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
    06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
    2000 Concours
    84 Kawi KLR600
    79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
    79 XR250
    Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
    John

Oh my.. that is one sweet Concours..

that rig should have lots of power when you get done
    i like the brake upgrade idea, that's a nice setup.

i see in your sig you've got a 79 XT500

yup... you have to know how to start them... or they will bite you..
    been there done that. i learned without the compression release.
    i couldn't figure out how to use the release, so i just learned when to kick.
    it's a fun bike, i loved mine...(78) but i traded it for my xs11

gobbs of torque, and more speed then a 05 KLR 650,
    i raced a buddy running the KLR, i smoked him on dirt and pavement.
    i miss my enduro....
    1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
    1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Working...
    X