Help with carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with carb

Bike running to lean was trying to ajust pilot screw on my carb my problom is the brass screw head is stripped out I need some suggestion on getting it out to replace it with a new one I was thinking to drill a small hole then takig a small easyout and trying to back it out ? Not really sure if this is the right way I'm afraid I might snap the head off
    can anyone help
    it's a mukuni 28 mm carb

I use reverse drill bits. Start with the smallest one, then use the next smallest, until the screw spins out.

it usually only takes 2 or three bits before it grabs and pulls the screw out.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I had this same problem on my carbs. I tried an easy out and it snapped off inside there. Had to have it machined out.

I strongly recommend puting some PB Blaster on it and lettign it soak for an hour or so and then removing any rubber parts in the area and heating it good with a torch then hitting it with blaster. After it smokes up a few times, THEN try the reverse drill bits. Worse case is you get to where the bit just kisses the threads and now you try to collapse the remaining screw material into the middle.

HTH
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

idea's!!

this isn't quite the same thing but some of the tips may give you an idea or 2

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23759

Good luck
        Webs
        1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
        1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Working...
        X