XS850 pushrod ball bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS850 pushrod ball bearing

Can anyone tell me what size that ball would be?
    I bought this bike as a basket and am in the process of reassembly.
    Apparently the po lost it.On a good note it looks like everything else is there.
    It sat for five years apart before I got it so that is amazing.
    Rick
    80 SG XS1100
    14 Victory Cross Country

pushrod???
    Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
    Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
    and SOXS
    2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

312 thou or 7.92 mm

Comment

sorry,clutch pushrod

I forgot to add what part I am working on.
        Yea ,on this xs850, the rod goes from the left side through the shaft the clutch housing rides on on the right side.So basically ,the cable attaches to the left side mechanism.Then the mechanism pushes on that rod which pushes on a ball bearing at the end on the right side.Then the bearing pushes on a steel piece that pushes on the clutch housing to release the clutch.
        80 SG XS1100
        14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Partsnmore.com, wemoto.co, benefiscal.co all list lots of stuff for triples. Yamaha-triples.com good site for tech advise

Comment

Thanks Cueball,
            I am a member at Yamaha triples.I posted there too but havent had a response yet.I'll go to ace hardware and see if they have one.
            80 SG XS1100
            14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Used to be a member of triples. had no net access for several years, when re tried triples site got message that login details had been sent to @ adress, tried several times, nothing went to any @ adress i have. yoou ever had problems?

Comment

I am a member at the triples site. I almost bought an XS850S prior to finding my 11. Seems like alot less traffic over there.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

My account works great on triples.

Yea,there isnt the amount of traffic there that we have here.
                  Its definitely not channel 11,however the people who are there seem to have that same helping spirit we have here.
                  I think maybe those bikes might be fewer and farther between than the 11's.But I dont know.I cant wait to get this one running.I dont know how it sounds yet.My neighbor says triples sound cool.

Good news about the missing ball is that I keep a little container of different size ball bearings in my machinist tool box.Occasionally a hole will be drilled big or a thread will tap big.So you can take a ball bearing sometimes and set it on the hole and hit it with a hammer and make the hole smaller.That way a go/no-go gauge will work right.Its cheating, but its an old machinist trick.And it works.
                  Anyway since I just got laid off this week I brought the box home.So I had the bearing I needed in here.
                  Rick
                  80 SG XS1100
                  14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

If your zorst system is ratty, i got 3/1 headers and collctor from wemoto.com. very pleased with goods delivered.

Comment

That exhaust is pounds right?258-how much U.S.?
                      80 SG XS1100
                      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Can't answer that, don't know what your exchange rate is header/collector I got is well made, delivered in five days from other side of the planet

Comment

Originally posted by tarzan View Post
                          ....I cant wait to get this one running.I dont know how it sounds yet.My neighbor says triples sound cool.....
                          With the right 3 in 1 exhaust they sound just like a Laverda Jota.. way

I had a couple of 2D 750's back in the day and a friend had an 850 Special. All three had the same exhaust systems and they sounded, and went great.

BTW. 258 brit pounds is 418 USD at todays xchange reates.
                          Last edited by b.walker5; 07-08-2009, 01:23 AM.
                          1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                          2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
                          X