No announcement yet.

wifes cousin just got the bike 2day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wifes cousin just got the bike 2day....

hey there folks....just had 2 shoot some video of someone that should not be riding a bike....but he is...can you spot the problems and point them out 2 the audience.....its sorta like "wheres waldo?!"......gonna have 2 educate him in the proper way 2 ride...but feel free 2 comment freely and aggressively......will show him the posting later on this week....talk 2 ya later.....ross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W41yUC_YAhU
    rebel devil
    1979 xs 1100f standard
    authenic historical vehicle
    42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
    "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
    "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
    "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
    '96 venture cct.....installed!
    stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
    i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Either his turn signals don't work or he just doesn't use them.

Some would argue with this but, not wearing all the gear. No jackets or gloves.
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Gear wise, I would certainly recommend to wear a long sleeve shirt at minimum but recommend a jacket, gloves, and something more than tennis shoes for both if I saw correctly as well.

He needs to go a little smoother with a passenger especially wiht no back rest, she almost got thrown off there on the takeoff.

Yep, turn signal would be VERY helpful to keep the person behind you informed! I'd also stop alot earlier to give room for Mr. Bicyclist that was goin by and to keep some goofball from taking my front wheel off when they get to close to the curb going by me.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Gear.. or lack thereof.. is a personal choice of which I won't condemn someone.. as is popping a little wheelie for the camera when shifting.

If some of these things personally bother others, I can point 2 a couple other things that tend 2 irritate people. L8tr

Tod
        Last edited by trbig; 06-23-2009, 08:05 AM.
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Walking take off?

How about working on the take off. That walking takeoff at the intersection seemed as though he was walking WAY too far. He needs to get that down better so that he doesn't even have to walk but maybe a step or two instead of halfway across town.
          If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
            Gear.. or lack thereof.. is a personal choice of which I won't condemn someone.. as is popping a little wheelie for the camera when shifting.

If some of these things personally bother others, I can point 2 a couple other things that tend 2 irritate people. L8tr

Tod
            Never said that I wear ATGATT, just pointing out what some may consider "wrong". I agree that it is personal choice, just like helmets should be.
            Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
            '82 XJ1100
            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Never said that I wear ATGATT, just pointing out what some may consider "wrong". I agree that it is personal choice, just like helmets should be.
              Shu'up.. wasn't talking to you! lol.

I just didn't see anything that would justify saying that this guy shouldn't be riding. I have, however, seen MANY videos of people "Riding" (And crashing) on Youtube that I would draw this opinion of..

Tod
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Lack of gear...a personal preference but he won't really be able to make an informed decision on that 'till his first good case of road rash...

He needs to be ready to go, hands on bars when his passenger gets on...at least until he has more miles of experience (for both him and passenger as a team)...to easy to fall over if the passenger does something unexpected.

I would cautiion him to work on his starts...paddling is a very bad habit to get into...if he ever catches a toe or heel on a concrete joint or manhole cover etc., he may pin it against the peg and break his ankle or foot. I've seen it happen!

He's doing well for someone starting out..but there's one more thing...he needs to make his decision to go, then turn his head in the direction of the turn, couldn't tell if he did that at the intersection, but he didn't look into the turn at the sidewalk until be was out in the street. It'll make him a smoother rider.

And as someone pointed out, turn or hand signals are a must.

Still he did ok I think..just being nitpicky here.
                Last edited by Guy_b_g; 06-23-2009, 07:57 PM.
                Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

It would have been safer to get ready and ride off at the curb instead of having to go through the grass with a passenger. He should practice his turns more and do it without a passenger. Thank god that was a small bike, he accidentally gave it too much throttle making that right hand turn out of the driveway right behind that white car. Don't be lazy use your turn signals. It's only about two inches away from your thumb. That's a 250 honda rebel ain't it? Perfectly good choice for his beginner bike

I really hate it when people do not use their turn signals
                  1978 XS1100E Standard
                  Kerker Exhaust
                  Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
                  TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
                  Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

Working...
                  X