• Show
Clear All

• Dream Frame for the XS11.....(DROOL)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPONDON-FRAMED...rkparms=66%3A2
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Wowza! that is nice.
    When you gonna get started on yours Chop?
    heh

Comment

Next time around

It's easier to put the XS engine in a Busa frame
      MDRNF
      79F.....Not Stock
      80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Maybe... but...

Originally posted by xschop View Post
        It's easier to put the XS engine in a Busa frame
        I think I'd rather have a Busa engine in a Busa frame...

81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
          I think I'd rather have a Busa engine in a Busa frame...

You just want anything that will go faster than LEO can track!! "Dispatch, I got a ......ummmm....red.....or purple.....Uhhh.....I'm goona go get a donut!!"
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Output 130.4 bhp at back wheel
            and it looks incredible too! I'm there with you on that one chop...

as for wanting something that can't be tracked... it would make things a lot less expensive for me...

81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

Another fantastic cop/donut joke

Wow DGSXR. Another cop and donut joke. I haven't heard that one before. I actually don't recall the last time I actually saw one of my buddies eating a donut. I can't, on the other hand, figure even with a calculator the number of times I've seen my cop friends at the gym, out running, practicing defensive tactics, or shooting. But don't worry, even though you joke about my brothers and sisters, we'll keep on faithfully laying our lives on the line daily for you and your loved ones.
              1981 XS 1100-full restomod in progress

Comment

how much to ship to the us??? that this is sweet looking
                1980 xs 11 special

The motor vehicle action sequences depicted in this film are dangerous. All stunts were performed in controlled environments with professionally trained stunt crews on closed roads. No attempts should be made to duplicate any action,driving or car play scenes herein portrayed.

Comment

Originally posted by edmondcop450 View Post
                  Wow DGSXR. Another cop and donut joke. I haven't heard that one before. I actually don't recall the last time I actually saw one of my buddies eating a donut. I can't, on the other hand, figure even with a calculator the number of times I've seen my cop friends at the gym, out running, practicing defensive tactics, or shooting. But don't worry, even though you joke about my brothers and sisters, we'll keep on faithfully laying our lives on the line daily for you and your loved ones.
                  Please don't take it personally Edmond. My own sister is a cop in CA, and I know others here have relatives on the force as well. It's all in fun here, and I'm sure just about everyone here can appreciate the invaluable service that our officers perform for our communities. I do have to admit though, there are a few in my city that really don't look like they care much about maintaining their "girlish figure". I also admit that I love a doughnut or 6 whenever I run across them at the office!
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                  -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by edmondcop450 View Post
                    Dude, that was an old bit by a comedian from years ago. Did not mean to offend you, but please don't get holyer than though on me! Oh, and BTW, having veteran status attached to my name, don't worry, I already defended you and yours laying MY life on the line in a profession where ALOT more folks die and come home in pieces.

And just like you, I knew the risk and I asked someone to let me make a living getting paid to do it. I find it offensive and infuriating the number of folks who make a choice to go into dangerous professions and then want the rest of us to ewww and ahh and thank them for doing it. Your doing it because you chose to and because you get paid to do it. While there are exceptions, I doubt anyone came and asked or begged you to be a cop. Is it dangerous? Yep it is, but apparently not as dangerous as catching crab in Alaska. Do you have the chance of getting hurt or killed? Yep you do. Did you know that when you asked someone to give you that job and accepted it for the pay they offered you? If you did not, it's your own fault. So do not expect me to patronize and worship you and your bros and sis' for deciding to earn your living in that profession. Not that I feel any disrepsect or lack of appreciation for what is involved in that career. But asking me to be worshipful of you because your a cop or treat the profession like some sacred thing not to be poked fun of, is like me saying you should reveer me and my fellow engineers becasue without us you would not have lights, or heat, or cooling, or indoor plumbing in your buildings. And yeah, folks die and get hurt every day fromt he stupidity of others doing that to.
                    Last edited by DGXSER; 06-08-2009, 09:00 AM.
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

I didn't ask you to "reveer" me or any other cop. But I don't make assumptions about people based on their professions or any other attribute for that matter. Otherwise I probably would have been sued by now for some civil rights violation. For what it's worth, I just read your original post when I was having one of those days. And just for the record, when you do see a fat cop it isn't donuts he's abusing. It's the McDonald's burgers he's pounding two at a time (Police/Fire/EMSA discount).
                      1981 XS 1100-full restomod in progress

Comment

Hey Edmondcop, don't get mad dude, all of the family here at Ch11 poke fun at each other from time to time. Generally no offense is intended, and if taken, apologies are usually forthcoming fairly quickly. It's one of the things that makes us different (and better) from most other furums on the net. No one was demeaning your profession brother.
                        1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                        2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

here we go!!

hmm, dude are you serious??

macdonalds has a discount for emergency personel?

oh dear..

I'm alway's nise to cops when i get pulled over...

no choise, i'm not fond of jail..... kidding.

nope i just realize that i was the one who wasn't playing by the rules, and that's why i'm sitting beside the road with flashing lights behind me.

if you guy's could see what i do, i'm sure there would be a landslide of jokes..

hmm, i could use a good laugh actually!!

i'm a filler tech, i run a filler machine that squirts pudding in a cup.
                          let see what you got boys!!
                          1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.

2012 FJR1300 Gen 2. Heli bar risers, R-gaza crash bars, mccruise cruise control.

(2)2008 WR250R. Because kids outgrew others.

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000. (Just added 2024) pre-crashed.

1975 Kawasaki S1 250. My first bike. Still have it. NO I'm not selling it!!

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

I sell auto parts and i love the police!! Says so on my bodydropped fullsize pickup right next to the (don't laugh your daughter might be in here) sticker. I actually would love to become a police officer wanted to every since i was a kid. But my mom wouldn't allow it at all. She said she'd do whatever it takes to get me into a different career. Because i'm the only child she don't want to lose me to a punk kid with a handgun. So i have the utmost respect for police officers, however i think some can be dicks at times. Especially the ones that seem to have something to prove. I've been stopped countless times and i always get harrassed for stupid things. No tag light being one of them. I'm sorry but come on, if you need to read my tag use one of your MANY lights on your car and brighten that sucker up. Or pull up next to me and tell me on your PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT speaker. No sense in waisting your valuable time or mine.

Really not criticizing yall at all, just saying i think some of the things you guys do could be better time spent keepin my truck from getting broken into for the 14th time (and i'm not kidding on that number). Instead you stop me for petty things when the real criminals are out there slingen drugs to children corrupting our city's. I know yall have a lot on your plate but really have some slack on the guy just tryen to make a living and don't be so hard on him for little things. Thats all i'm sayen. And if you have a problem with that or any of it and want to come tell me i'm a hatefull jerkface and a punk i work at autozone 1245 sw89th street okc oklahoma 73109. Not tryen to be a dick just think if you want to have an intelligent conversation in person i'd love to explain my thoughts and beliefs on the matter in person.
                            Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

ummmmmmm... guys?

I think the original subject line of this thread was about a bike (this is the Other Bike Discussion forum)
                              Just a suggestion... but this particular subject is best suited for another part of the forum... or PMs... or... dropped completely (just my opinion)

Thanks
                              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                              X