650 maxim anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 650 maxim anyone?

Has any one had or does any one have a 650 maxim?I saw one on craigs list $500.Looks to be in great shape.Any thing I should know? Terry
    1980 special (Phyllis)
    1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

I've owned 3 of them. Engines are pretty bullet proof. I did however had to tear into one due to PO Neglect... It was left outside with the airbox off for 9 years. Ended up replacing the cylinders at 11k mi.

Just make sure you check compression before you buy someone elses problem. I had left my compression gauge at the house before I drove 200mi to look at the one above... Had I known, would had offered half of what I paid. Also make sure and check charging if it runs.
    Richard

Comment

I had an '82 650 Midnight Maxim. It was trouble free, and lots of power for it's weight.
      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Originally posted by tw1980 View Post
        Has any one had or does any one have a 650 maxim?I saw one on craigs list $500.Looks to be in great shape.Any thing I should know? Terry
        Hi Terry,
        I have had my 82 Maxim 650 for 15 years. I ride it everywhere
        Routine maintenace only no problems to report.. Fuse panel will probably need to be replaced.
        Maxim Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Thanks for the help every one.But I can't view the bike because the @#$!% guy selling it won't answer my email.I wish when people list things on craigs list they would remove them when the item sells.Thanks again Terry
          1980 special (Phyllis)
          1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Working...
          X