honda cbk 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honda cbk 750

my friend is looking for a good retro bike and found a 79 cbk 750. they want 900 for it. the pics look ok but he won't be able to see it until monday. i told hime he might can get it cheaper but i don't know. i know generally newer honda's hold their value longer. how bout the old ones?
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

They made alot of the CB750K's. I believe they made them from 1969 -1978 as a SOHC and 1979 - 1982 as a DOHC.
    Richard

Comment

Originally posted by yamahansolo View Post
      my friend is looking for a good retro bike and found a 79 cbk 750. they want 900 for it. the pics look ok but he won't be able to see it until monday. i told hime he might can get it cheaper but i don't know. i know generally newer honda's hold their value longer. how bout the old ones?
      Hi Solo,
      don't sweat the price. What's important is that it's in good nick. Is there not a checklist on this very site about what to look for when buying a used bike?
      Let your friend decide if he wants the bike at all after he has carefully looked it over with checklist in hand. If it's a good machine by next year he won't care what he paid for it.
      BTW, if the bike needs them a pair of tires, new chain & sprockets and a new battery will set him back ~$400.
      Last edited by fredintoon; 05-12-2009, 03:08 PM.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The Honda 750 double cammers have a habit of eating the cam chain tensioner and wearing a hole in the front of the cylinder block at about 50,000 miles so be careful if it is a high miler.
        Fastmover
        "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
        lion". SHL
        78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
        X