Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Saying Hello

Hi all:

A buddy from another cycle forum (I ride an 06' Triumph Bonneville as my primary ride) pointed me in your direction after I posted my two new toys. Just picked up two 79' xs1100 specials that were barn finds. They were given to me just to get them out of the way.

Pretty rough condition since they've been sitting for 20+ years but they'll be back on the road soon. Anyway just wanted to say thanks for the great resource ...... and .... uh ..... looks like I might want to get in on that left rear bearing score early.

I'll try to post picks soon.

*sorry meant to put this in the general discussion forum ......... sorry bout' that.
    Last edited by res1uqtp; 05-07-2009, 01:03 PM. Reason: wrong forum oops
    My Stable:

2006 Triumph Bonneville Black
    1979 Yamaha XS11 Special (2 of them)
    1982 Yamaha XS400 Heritage Special
    1981 Suzuki GS550 E
    1976 Honda CB550F Supersport

Welcome! lots of great info here. you might wish to edit your profile to show your location, you never know, there might be an XSive just around the corner that can help when you need it, or just be another set of eyes when your chasing a ghost. that and you might get more riding companions out of the deal. Again, welcome to the site, have a nice day and ride safe
    I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Here's those pics of the new toys. They're in pretty rough shape and just about everything is seized up accept the engines but nothing that can't be fixed. Check out that King/ Queen seat ... oh yeah ....

My Stable:

1981 Suzuki GS550 E

Comment

some people have all the luck, :-)
        nice find, they look in decent enuff shape considering the time they've sat around.
        i do like that king/queen seat setup.
        welcome to the site.
        pete

new owner of
        08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
        1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
        zrx carbs
        18mm float height
        145 main jets
        38 pilots
        slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
        fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

WOww....Som efolks have all the luck. The only I was ever given was.....uhh...well.....nothing!

Nice bikes actually. Very intact for the most part and as long as the engine turns over, most of these form what I have seen can be reworked with almost no new parts.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Welcome

Yeah-Buddy! nice find... Lookin forward to reading about you gettin one of those runnin.

Since this is the Other Bike Discussion part of the site, how's about a picture of that sweet Bonneville?

Comment

Ask and you shall receive ...... fairly stock accept for the TOR pipes, short backrest, fork gaiters, chrome front fender, tank knee pads, AI removal, and mini tach mod. Absolutely LOVE this bike.

My Stable:

1981 Suzuki GS550 E

Comment

Nice stable your working on there.
                Welcome to XS11
                Rick
                80 SG XS1100
                14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Well I guess so long as we're talking about stables, here's the last bike in the lot for now.

82' xs400 special and I'm thinking it was GNEPIG that helped me fit the sportster slipons on the bike through his advice on another forum.

This one has had an oil seal kit, complete suspension upgrade, new brakes, new lower profile handlebars, clutch rebuild (still working on that), fuse box replaced with blade fuse upgrade, all bearings replaced (neck, swingarm, wheels), brass swingarm bushings, halogen headlamp, and it's currently in the process of a new paint job. This thing is a blast to shoot down country roads now.

My Stable:

1981 Suzuki GS550 E

Comment

Hey no sh!t, I remember that, from over at the used bike forum... Your 400 looks awsome!
                    I love your Bonneville too, when I went to get one, I wanted the black but all they had was a Goodwood Green and the rest is hiostory.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Working...
                    X