Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teach me about 92 Seca II XJ600S

hello, newb here saying hi.

i found a 92 Seca II XJ600S local to where i live, and i was thinking about picking it up. it seems nice from the picture though. I new to this bike and i was wondering if you guys can tell me more about this bike. some info about the bike i found:

12,005 miles this bike had the following work performed on it: Replaced Fuel Pump, Rebuilt all Carburetors, Oil and Filter Change, Replaced Spark Plugs, Adjusted Steering Head. I also put a new battery in it at about 12,025 miles.

what would this be worth to you guys?

Hi and welcome to the forums Those seca's are pretty decent bikes. I do not know where you live, but here in california 1200-1400 is what they usually sell for in medium condition/mileage. Are you new to motorcycles? From your post it seems like it is in very good condition/low mileage and would easily sell at $1400-$1600. What is the person selling it for? Take it for a ride and listen/feel the bike running. Look it over VERY closely.
    1978 XS1100E Standard
    Kerker Exhaust
    Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
    TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
    Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

My brother in law has one, it's a decent bike. One peculiarity is the clutch basket rattles at idle, it's not a mechanical problem, it's a design flaw and yamaha calls it 'normal'. So, if you hear a rattle from the clutch area, don't be alarmed, but i would use it as a bargaining chip when you inspect it!

Comment

I'm not much on the newer XJ's, but there's a wealth of Info for it over on the http://www.XJbikes.com site.
        Richard

Comment

Working...
        X