1985 Kawasaki Voyager XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 Kawasaki Voyager XII

Completely off list but with so many riders on here that have owned so many bikes and I respect their opinions, here goes.

I have been offered a 1985 kawa Voyager XII for "Make me an offer I can't refuse" statement.
    The bike was running two years ago, I witnessed. PO painted it Pearl white, very good job. Been in garage since then. Has 5500 Miles on the ticker. Tires look almost NEW, albeit at least two years in garage. Battery on trickle charger. Has radio and tape deck. Added extra running lights 110Watt. aluminum looks recoverable with polish. carbs probably need cleaning as no fuel stabilizer in tank. No scratches or lay downs I know of.

Problem is I know nothing about these bikes or their price. I have been on ebay, craigs to no avail. Looked for a free forum for comments to no avail.

Can anyone here give me some guidance as to best offer, how the bike is from riding or upkeep etc. Any and all info will be as always GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    Dell82
    Dell82
    Houston, TX
    82' XJ1100J Maxim "LASERMAX"
    SOLD 86' Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1200cc SOLD
    SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, FOR SALE SOLD
    SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, parts bike SOLD

Dell, this might get more attention in the other bikes forum or the members lounge.

Try NADA, they still price bikes form this era.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

The OTHER 6

Hi Dell,
      I just Googled "'85 kawasaki voyager" and got ~29,000 hits, here's the first one:-
      http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_ZN1300A#1985
      If you want a 1,300cc 6 cylinder megabike, this is the machine for you.
      Any bike that age that's all there and runs has to be worth at least $1,000.
      If I wanted that one and it was in as good a nick as you say, I'd go as high as $3,000.
      But don't tell the seller that, right?
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I'd have to say that bike prices are relative, to me a good running,well cared for, 85 kaw 1300 6 would be worth $2000. at the most, one in your condition would be maybe $800. I don't remember when they changed over from six carbs, to two carbs, but either type will require some skill to rebuild, and it has been written that this engine is the worlds most complicated motorcycle engine ever built. When they first came out with this bike there was an article in one of the magzines about an overnight blast up the coast hwy. from L.A. to Frisco and back, after reading that article I put the 1300 kawi. on my want list, and it is still there.
        Fastmover
        "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
        lion". SHL
        78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
        X