Jay Leno's 1933 Indian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Leno's 1933 Indian

Here's a link to a really cool video from Jay Leno's Garage - immaculate 1933 Indian. Too cool. http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/...ml?vid=1019383
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

That is a sweet lookin ride for sure!! The Vincents are awesome to.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Don - I agree, the Vincent is very cool. If you want to see something really funny as well as educational, check this out - http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/cars/0...lR_shell.shtml It's not a bike, but I'm not sure you can call it a cage either.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Doug,

Wow, that flame up brings back memories. Lighting the "smokie Joes" in the army was about the same experience if you weren't careful.

It does say alot about Jay Leno that he does that himslef and even continued after that to relight it.

That is an awesome website.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Don - I thought the same thing about Leno when I saw that clip. He even gets his hands dirty . Glad you liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
            Don - I agree, the Vincent is very cool. If you want to see something really funny as well as educational, check this out - http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/cars/0...lR_shell.shtml It's not a bike, but I'm not sure you can call it a cage either.
            You guys aren't gonna believe this, but my uncle sold "Jay" that car. They talk on the phone about once a week. My uncle has been buying/selling/collecting and restoring steam cars for about fifteen years now.
            BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
            80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

Davey - The Stanley Steamer? That's cool. Here's a little something for Leno fans. Take a look towards the bottom of the page under Personal Quotes. To quote Leno, "It's hilarious". http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005143/bio

Comment

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
                Davey - The Stanley Steamer? That's cool. Here's a little something for Leno fans. Take a look towards the bottom of the page under Personal Quotes. To quote Leno, "It's hilarious". http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005143/bio
                Yeah the maroon stanley, it's been in my uncles garage for about 10 years, it was one of his favorite, and he would take it on tours and stuff, but Jay offered him a deal he couldn't resist... The two quotes about bikes are fantastic...

Comment

Did you ever get a ride? That car is totally awesome.

Comment

I never got a ride in that one, but I've gotten a ride in his '28 V-16 Cadillac... that was sweet. And he's given me a ride in his 32 Ford Tudor, as well as his 29 Ford sedan delivery. He's not much into bikes though, I'm trying to convert him with the persuasion that since there's less overall amount (such as metal, smaller engines, etc) that it would cost less to restore a bike... He has a like 84 Honda Magna, but that is honestly no collector item...

Comment

Davey - Was pming with Wildkat, and we agree you should contact Leno, tell him your uncle sold him the '09 Stanley, and that you never got a ride but would like to. We're bettin' dollars to donuts that he'll offer to take you for a spin (seems to be that kind of guy). Might even be able to get a look at the rest of his collection. Wouldn't that be cool. Unfortunately, I have no idea how you would contact him .

Comment

I actually have something else in mind... It involves combining two of Jay's favorite things... Which are also two of my favorite things... Making a very small production run, and marketing #0000-000-0001 to Jay... But that's the only hints I'm giving!

Comment

Davey - I read this last night, and it was making my brain hurt trying to figure out what the two things are . He does seem to have a propesity for serial number 1 stuff. Did you see the Can Am Spyder - also a number one, and pretty cool.

Comment

I'm not giving any more hints. But yeah, the spyder is neat, but not one of my favorites. Underpowered is my main beef. Could do without the stupid twin rumble too... If they'd put the technology of the handling into something with a decent engine I'd be impressed though.

Comment

He's definitely got some cool videos, but I never should have started watching them. It was like eating potato chips - once I got started I just couldn't stop. I watched every one of those videos, and can't wait till he gets some more .

Comment

Working...
                              X