Report from the 09 bike show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report from the 09 bike show

Went to the 09 bike show today and saw some nice new machines. I went with the sole purpose to see the new Ducati GT touring bike and was not disappointed. It was a little smaller than I imagined, but beautiful none the less. It was comfortable as well. It's the first Ducati I ever mounted that didn't feel like some kind of torture device. Saw the new Honda chopper thing. I'm sure they'll sell a bunch. The new VMax looks cool, but for 17 large it should. They had one all blinged up for $28,000! I was very taken with the new Harley 1200 that they introduced in Europe last year. Reports are that it is a great handling motorcycle! Who'd of thought.
    All in all a good day. It was nice just to even sit on a bike.
    Mark

Nice !!

Thx for the pics
    80G Mini-bagger
    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Mark did you see the Motoguzzi's? I liked em a lot. Stelvio, Griso, and especilly the Norge...They're all 1200s.
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

Dean: Yes I did see them. I really like the Norge. Very nice looking bike.
        I really like the GT1000 Ducati though. You can outfit it with hard bags and a very cool windscreen. There's nice touches all through the bike. The front fender mounts alone are a work of art.
        Mark

Comment

This was the first time in 15 or 20 years that I didn't bother going to the bike show...
          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
          X