xs11???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xs11???????

Ok, I am a new member. I started researching different bikes recently with sole intentions of modifying into a bobber style. Boy I hope that doesn't upset you guys that I am wanting to do this with an xs11. ha. In my hunt I found many people doing many different things with many different kinds of bikes. The bike that I found to be most adaptable for these mods is the xs650 and not the xs1100. Why is that?? I have heard equally good things about the xs650 as the 11 but no one seems to be making these mods on the 11's. I have my eyes and heart on the 11's not to sacrafice the power. I have ridden many bikes of the 650 size and have owned 1100's or beter. Just cant see doing it. Can anyone give me a reason for going with the 650 instead of the 11? I am in total amazement of the strong, loyal following that these bikes have. What I like about what I have found out of them is so possitive on the dependable side. And seem to be very simple to work on verses many other setups and desings of other bikes. I really look forward to hearing back from som of you on this topic.
    80special w/79special motor.Never ride faster than your angel can fly!!

XS11's have a couple longevity(spell that right?) toys to reduce maint. like, no brushes or points, vac. timing advance, f/r disc brakes, and such. Unfortunately, the shaft drive, and engine covers make it alittle more difficult to change gearing and add forward controls. the 650 is just more receptive to what people want to modify. It has been done here tho.... look around and I think you'll find some good examples.
    Matt
    1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
    1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
    1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
    2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

shaftie

the xs11's shaft is a problem when trying to put on wider wheels/tires. I looked at an xs650 to mod, but the power is JUST NOT THERE compared to the XS11......pick your poison
      MDRNF
      79F.....Not Stock
      80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Its a no brainer

I acutally hate the massive rear tire look anyway. Much rather have the power.
        80special w/79special motor.Never ride faster than your angel can fly!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigray03 View Post
          Ok, I am a new member. I started researching different bikes recently with sole intentions of modifying into a bobber style. Boy I hope that doesn't upset you guys that I am wanting to do this with an xs11. ha. I am in total amazement of the strong, loyal following that these bikes have. What I like about what I have found out of them is so positive on the dependable side. And seem to be very simple to work on versus many other setups and designs of other bikes. I really look forward to hearing back from some of you on this topic.
          Hi bigray,
          to paraphrase Dr Banner, "don't make me be sarcastic, you won't like me when I'm sarcastic." I mis-spent much of my teenage years in the 1950s cutting up what would now be priceless antique motorcycles to put water-pipe copies of McCandless swingarm conversions on them so they'd be more comfortable to ride. Much time was also spent wishing for a front brake that actually worked. So you and your Sawzall do what you will to your XS11 and good luck to you. Provided you leave the rear suspension and the front brakes alone.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
          X