GSF1200 - Bandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSF1200 - Bandit

I did a search and it seems a few around here have or had one. I'm looking at one that was "laid" down but the price is right at about $500. Looks like it will need gauges, headlight, and tank at least to cover the major stuff. Anyone know of a good active bandit forum like we have here for the XS? How about a source for "parts" specific to bandits? E-bay doesn't seem to have much at the moment.

The one I'm looking at is the "S" model but the fairing is gone, I assume trashed, so I'm thinking dual fork mount head lights and one of those all in one digital gauges. If I can get it looking decent for under $500 I might pick it up.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Check the frame

Hi psyco,
    if it was laid down hard enough to trash the fairing, maybe the fairing's collapse acted as a crumple zone to save the frame. Or maybe it didn't. Still and all, the motor alone has to be worth a few hundred, right? And if it does have a bent frame you can always hang a sidecar on it; a sidecar rig rides funny anyway.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Thanks for the input but SWMBO vetoed the purchase. and I quote "we aren't running a motorcycle repair shop here, you've already got 2 bikes what do you need another one for?" When I suggested that I'd sell her shadow to keep the grand total at two and pay for the bandit she was even less receptive to the idea. Oh well.....
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

" - - - she was even less receptive to the idea. - - - "

Yeah,
        and if you asked "how many pairs of shoes you got then, eh?" she'd deny there was any relevance.
        Time was I rode an XS850 home and my dear wife snarled "There are already 5 bikes in the carport so what is that one doing here?" Now I always tell my wife the absolute truth because to do that is far better for my health and longevity so I said "It only cost $100 and it runs, it is a total bargain!" but as the thundercloud built above my beloved's head and sparks flew off her fingertips I hastened to add
        "And that's why Ray Warenko bought it and asked me to ride it home for him."
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

thanks for the chuckle. I'll have to remember that someone else bought it next time.
          1979 xs1100 Special -

My Bike:
          [link is broken]

Comment

That's not the end of the story. My wife phoned Donna Warenko to check out my story. Then I was off the hook but Ray Warenko was deep in the soft & brown.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hmm, may be a bit off topic, but the Ray Warenko story reminds me of this one:

Friendship Between Women and Men

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friendship Between Women:

A woman didn't come home one night. The next day she told her husband that she had slept over at a friend's house. The man called his wife's 10 best friends. None of them knew about it.

Friendship Between Men:

A man didn't come home one night. The next day he told his wife that he had slept over at a friend's house. The woman called her husband's 10 best friends. Eight of them confirmed that he had slept over, and two claimed that he was still there.

Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
              X