Eric just bought a '78 XS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric just bought a '78 XS750

My son just trailered a '78 XS750 Special home. It ain't been plated since 1993 but it has potential. It also has needs. Like a seat that ain't tattered to rags & rusted into lace. Also a seat grab rail & a headlight rim assembly because those parts are missing.
    We would be happy to hear from anyone who has these things or knows where they could be found. Also is there a site for Yamaha triples that anyone would recommend?
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

As for sites. http://www.yamaha-triples.org/

Good luck on a seat it took me over 7 months to hunt a perfect seat down for the right money. The headlight ring is the same for all the xs bikes 650-1100 so it's easily sourced. The grab rails show up on ebay daily. The only caveat to the seat is it has to be from a 78-79 Special nothing else fits.
    I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

Hi Ds,
      yeah, I had a spare headlight ring for years until I swapped it for some other parts that I needed more. Ah well. If a seat is truly unfindable and as a last resort Eric can buy a Saddleskin, patch up the iron lace seatpan with 3 layers of fiberglass and fake up a cushion repair with contact cement and carpet underlay.
      Thanks for the triples link BTW.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
      X