Looking for a Concours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Concours

Have talked SWMBO into getting a 2nd bike. Prefer a Kawasaki Concours, '96 or newer due to some changes made that model year. Have about $3K to spend. I'm checking Craigs List and e-bay, but if anyone comes across one please let me know.

I'm in western Colorado, would like to find one within 500 - 600 miles to keep transport costs reasonable.

Have some flexibility on price, much depends on total to get it home. Would also look at pre '96 models if price is reasonable.

Thanks.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Hey, Jerry-

'94 is when the substantial changes occurred on the Concours--wider front tire, stronger forks, updated gauges, more sculpted seat, etc. Maybe having a couple extra years will make it easier to find one that suits you. Then again, $3k should get you a 97-99, depending on mileage.

Buying my '98 last April has been awesome...over 10K added to the clock already. I do still have my XS, primarily the wife's "new" ride now. Was able to sell off a GS400 and CB650 and just keep the two big bikes. Still debating rebuilding the XS750, but it's been two years since I fragged the bottom end. The dirt bike in the garage whispering "ride me" constantly doesn't help me find time to fix broken stuff either...
    Tom Hunt
    Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H
    1998 Concours, 1984 PE175, 1974 GTMX

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've come on a 2002 for $3,800, bike has less than 8K on the clock. Is a bit more than I wanted to spend, but seems like a good price for the year and mileage. Other thing is that it is about 3 hours away from me, a consideration to getting it home.

Ha also heard that in '96 Kawasaki modernized the front braking system, which is why I wanted to go '96 or newer. Will post again if the deal goes through.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

There actually wasn't a US production model in '96:

http://www.concours.org/history.html

That's a good price on an '02 with only 8K...assuming it hasn't been cracked up, jump on it if you can.

Then be ready to add accessories like you wouldn't believe...

I put an Audiovox electronic cruise control on the Connie last year...works like a dream. It was a straight-forward enough install that I'm actually considering putting one on the XS also. I'm so spoiled now that if I do take the XS on any trips, I'm gonna want it...
        Tom Hunt
        Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H
        1998 Concours, 1984 PE175, 1974 GTMX

Comment

Working...
        X