Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the engine's ideal running temperature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the engine's ideal running temperature?

Hi,
    I'm installing TC's SOFCA and an oil cooler. The cooler I'm buying comes with the BP-180 THERMOSTIC BYPASS VALVE. I live in So. FL and typically when it gets real cold (oxymoron there) I don't ride. But I'm wondering if I should just forgo the valve altogether and install straight lines. I'm trying to extend engine life and keep my legs from cooking. They're ugly enough already. On long rides I wear full-face helmet, jeans, armored mesh jacket, short riding boots, and mesh gloves. But, I admit to going on frequent jaunts with nothing more than shorts, t-shirt and sneakers!!! That's when the legs really feel it.
    Any specs on that?
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

That valve is probably just right at 180. I have heard 180 to 210 is the range for the air cooled bikes. I want to get a valve too.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Valve

The setup I'm getting comes with it already. It's a Lockhart.
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

where'd you get it, how much, etc?
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
        X