'79 XStar 1100F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '79 XStar 1100F

woohoo! Just won a '05 V Star 1100 Final Drive and Shaft ($105) on ebay.

This will mate nicely to the growing list of aquired parts for my '79 F project bike:

- V Star 650 Swing Arm/Monoshock
    - V Star 1100 Rear Wheel and Tire
    - V Star 1100 Fuel Tank w/electronic speedo
    - V Star 650 Custom Rear Fender

appears that this combination might be a) close to 6" over stock, and b) a bolt-and-go mod with the exception to the upper shock mount and re-fab of rear frame (for asthetics).

will post pics and more info as soon as I receive the final drive.

swingarm

Hey Brian, so you've decided to use the V-star swingarm instead of the royal star? Does the vstar swingarm put the driveshaft more left allowing for bigger tire? I never saw your post about the V-star swinger dimensions if you did... That would be the shizzle too! Let me know if you will still need a middle drive spacer I have some various billet plate laying around...IIRC the U.K. guys were making the homemade plates 10mm thick...keep us posted
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

piv 2 piv

what's the pivot to pivot distance on your swingarm?
      MDRNF
      79F.....Not Stock
      80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

V Star 650 Swing Arm Measurements

thought I had posted the measurements on the s/a, but I can't find them now. will remeasure this weekend and post.....maybe even provide side by side pics of the XS1100 vs Royal Star vs V Star 650 swing arms.

Comment

Zombie thread - back from the dead

I'd love to hear and see some pictures of how your project is going. I've been playing with the idea of a swing arm swap that would keep the shaft so any info you've got about what might be mostly bolt on would be awesome.
          1979 xs1100 Special -
          Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
          Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
          My Bike:
          [link is broken]

Comment

Working...
          X