Bandit 1200 anybody familiar with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit 1200 anybody familiar with it?

I am looking at a madmax style bike, I love naked bikes and this one is stripped to the bone with a 1300cc motor that dynoes at 135 RW HP and it is lowend midrange power no rev.

The bike is all custom stripped naked! and I want it because I do not like being just another one in the crowd.

The motor is a punched out 1100 GSXR, the old aircooled mill does anybody know the reliability of these units? It has 22000 miles on the bottom end and the top is all new forged pistons ported. The bikes motor is so crisp,like snap snap.

Those have great motors, they have had that motor around for alot of years= lots of parts, new, used and performance. Sounds like you have found something very cool.
    How about a picture of it?

Comment

The guy will take 1800$ for it? sounds good doesn't it. I will get pictures going but I do not like being a picture computer geek, I am still learning how to do this stuff effciently so most of the time I want to throw the computer through the wall!

Comment

$1800, You're kidding right?! Oh hell yeah, I got 1800 bucks! Where is this bike located at again? Maybe I should have a look at it.

Comment

I just bought it,it has 2000 $ in hop up receipts on engine alone with GSXR forks a after market fox shock carbon fiber parts billet parts all over it. around 4000$ in trick receipts alone and it is naked and plain. I LOVE IT but will I killed on it the wheel baser is real short and the bike loves to wheelie. I am inexperienced on bikes this fast so I willl be real careful.

It is a one of a kind bike and you have to have the right buyer and I was it. I like bikes no one else has!

Comment

Originally posted by Yamie's Rule
            I just bought it,it has 2000 $ in hop up receipts on engine alone with GSXR forks a after market fox shock carbon fiber parts billet parts all over it. around 4000$ in trick receipts alone and it is naked and plain. I LOVE IT but will I killed on it the wheel baser is real short and the bike loves to wheelie. I am inexperienced on bikes this fast so I willl be real careful.

It is a one of a kind bike and you have to have the right buyer and I was it. I like bikes no one else has!
            where are youy in FL. I am in gainesville. I promissed the guy I would buy the XS 1100 who is in Ocala but ii have so many bikes do you know anybody who may want it? thanks !

Comment

Hi Yamie,

There are a LOT of bandits over here; pretty common. Just like the GSXR, it is NOT air-cooled, but oil-cooled, the later GSXRs moved to water, but the bandit stuck with the original system.

Pretty reliable, very good bike; If it had a shaft, I would own one!

I guessed that they were imported to the US; If not, look for clubs/forums in the UK; there are a few!

AlanB
              If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

Originally posted by GNEPIG
                $1800, You're kidding right?! Oh hell yeah, I got 1800 bucks! Where is this bike located at again? Maybe I should have a look at it.
                I am not going to make it on this site so I will be leaving,I wanted another bike and i thought it was going to be the XS but I bought the bandit because the guy did not have the XS ready when he said it would be ready so i FOUND SOMETING ELSE,

The bike I bought may get me killed. I talked to the place that built it and they said if it was right with a good rider it should run mid to low 9's. IT's FAST AS ****! were talking when you shift into 3rd and 4th it pulls like 1st n 2nd but I a 300 pounds so i slow it down but it stands right up through the gears with me on it.

I have 4 street bikes I cannot take another so thanks and bye!

Comment

This seems like a great example of a post that NEEDS emoticons. I can't tell if this is a disgruntled message or not
                  '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Right off hand and just an uneducated guess , sounds to me like an axle nut or two loose.
                    POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
                    THE VIEW IS ALWAYS THE SAME
                    1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

lol, it sounds just like my pattern. I start off posting after a couple of beers, then a few posts later and a few beers later I'm making no sense at all. Like right now.

But regardless, I aspire to own a bandit someday. I notice a lot of xs owners like the bandits. I think the lack of a shaft drive can be counter-balanced by the screw type valve adjustment on the bandits. But the bandits seem like a modern version of the XS, but with the old carbs of course. And I can honestly say I like both bikes due to their price tag. Because honestly if I could afford one, I'd probably get a kawi z1000.
                      79 XS11 special

Comment

Alan

With that amount of fins on the head and block I think you'll find its oil and AIR cooled, Named by Suzuki as SACS, Suzuki Advanced Cooling System

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Bandit_Series

http://www.phmotorcycles.co.uk/bikes...sf1200-k6.html
                        Tom
                        1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
                        1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
                        1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
                        1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Originally posted by stoked
                          lol, it sounds just like my pattern. I start off posting after a couple of beers, then a few posts later and a few beers later I'm making no sense at all. Like right now.

But regardless, I aspire to own a bandit someday. I notice a lot of xs owners like the bandits. I think the lack of a shaft drive can be counter-balanced by the screw type valve adjustment on the bandits. But the bandits seem like a modern version of the XS, but with the old carbs of course. And I can honestly say I like both bikes due to their price tag. Because honestly if I could afford one, I'd probably get a kawi z1000.
                          I always wanted a mad max style bike, I will get somepicture up

Comment

Originally posted by stoked

I always wanted a mad max style bike, I will get some picture's up. I wanted a totally naked 1200 with 9 second capability and I never though I would get one like this. Was not even looking a guy emailed me and wanted to trade it for a RM 250 I was selling on the net. He lived 3 miled from me and I went over to look at it and it was my dream bike for sportriding. Air cooled wicked up just sound better to me.

Comment

Cooling

"- - it is NOT air-cooled, but oil-cooled, the later GSXRs moved to water, - - "
                              Hi Guys,
                              all bike motors are air cooled. Some are cooled directly through airflow over their fins and some are cooled indirectly via massive oil flow transferring heat to those fins or via glycol & water and a radiator that's actually a convector. With that little point cleared up, the 1200 Bandit rocks. It lacks the XS11's personality but still, it rocks.
                              Fred Hill, S'toon
                              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                              X