The new Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Honda

I want one of these. Why didn't Yamaha come up with this as a worthy descendant to our beloved 1100's? The only thing I don't like is the chain drive. Otherwise, this bike is perfect.
    Mark Stanton
    http://tinyurl.com/28cleg

Honda

Oh My Gawd, i love that bike!!!!
    Doug
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Now that is what I call retro! Nice inline 4.
      Heard its coming to the U.S. in '09. Hope it sells well. This country is so "V-Twin" happy, im not so sure.
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

vERY NICE ! Bought time somebody beside triumph got the Retro idea. Beautiful bike. All those 80's Bikes. Think of the possabilities.

Comment

Glad to see the inline 4. I think the 4-into 1 collector needs a little refinement though. Seems a little small at the muffler end.
          It does look a little bit " Nighthawkish ". Nothin wrong with a Nighthawk. I had one back in 84, Also wished it was bigger.
          ( kinda sounds bad don't it ) hopefully it'll be priced to sell. Also looks like we might be back in the saddle for a " nostalgia muscle bike war " between the bike makers.
          S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
          1-big XS patch
          1-small XS/XJ patch
          1-XS/XJ owners pin.
          1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
          2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
          1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
          1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Wow awesome machine ...it looks very agressive and I like this one ALOT.Nice to hear its coming to the U.S.Yamaha does have a modern rendition of the venerable XS/XJ1100...in the form of the XJR basically a naked FJR that is not available here in the U.S. Hopefully the Honda will sell well and that Yamaha takes note ...and brings the XJR stateside...I'd buy one in a NY minute!!!
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

The look reminds me of the old 400SS right down to the shape of the exhaust.

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Yep. A solid, good lookin' bike. I think the Japanese are afraid to send 'retro' appearing bikes to the US. What do you guys think?
                -KR
                83 XJ900R (project)
                82 KZ1000J (modified)
                82 KZ1000J (ELR Clone)
                82 KZ750R1 (GPz750)
                78 Z1R (bone stock...for now)
                84 GS1150ES (modded daily driver)
                79 GS1000 (junk)
                89 Hawk 650 (wife's ride)
                82 CB1100F (calfab, CRs)

Comment

Anyone else ready for spring?http://www.honda.co.jp/CB1100/pv/
                  I'm still waiting Honda!!
                  Mark Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
                    Yep. A solid, good lookin' bike. I think the Japanese are afraid to send 'retro' appearing bikes to the US. What do you guys think?
                    -KR
                    I couldn't agree more. It seems Aus and NZ always get the best bikes...

Geezer

Comment

Geezer

Ya got that right, although that might be to do with emission regs. Totally agree that it looks like CB400, specially zorst system

Comment

Originally posted by cueball View Post
                        Ya got that right, although that might be to do with emission regs. Totally agree that it looks like CB400, specially zorst system
                        So how much to put one in an envelope and send it to me?

BTW, I hear you guys have better beer too.

Geezer

Comment

Don't know

About the envelope idea, might be a tad on the expensive side. Little place called Tasmania makes some damn fine brews called Boags and Cascade, if you get the chance to try some I recommend placing on the bottom shelf of fridge and allowing to settle for a least 24 hours. At this time I am very partial to Toohey's Gold, known as Mid strength (3.0% alcohol), Boags and Cascade are Full strength (4.9) and tend to cause serious hangovers. May be related to too many parties when younger.

Comment

Welcome to my world...

That vid was filmed here in NZ, on roads I travel regularly. Starts out in Dunedin, a city 2 hrs to my north and travels through the Central Otago countryside to the Wanaka airfield, home of the Warbirds over Wanaka Airshow, http://www.warbirdsoverwanaka.com/ and then back to base. The pilot usually fly's a Spitfire and a Hurricane in the air shows and is a dentist here in town.

I travel those roads a lot in summer, and I was there about a month ago attending a rally.

I'm not usually a Honda fan but that is one good looking bike and I'd be happy to own one.

Don't know about the Boags Cueball but I tried Cascade last time I was in Melbourne and forgive me but I thought it was crap, must be the Kiwi taste buds. There's a little bar below the Centre for Moving Arts in Federation Square that serves beers from Boutique Breweries and they have lot of Tassie stuff. Some of it's really good and some is really bad, but as it's Tasmanian you have to keep checking for hairs growing on your palms. If you ever in Melbourne check it out. There's another bar there too called the Transport Bar if you wanna get seriously pissed with the after 5 crowd. Had some good times in that one.
                            Last edited by b.walker5; 03-10-2010, 04:47 AM.
                            1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                            2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Each to their own

I can't drink Steinlager, too yeasty, leaves me with a mother of a headache. Have drinking mates here who drool over Toohey's Black and Guiness, can't get a taste for either of them, if I want to taste molasses I will buy a tin, not pay beer prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X