Goldwing Rat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldwing Rat

Hey this has got to be the finest example of a Rat Bike I have ever seen. (And Ive seen alot of em!)

This is an 1100 Honda Goldwing.
    We can call it a "Rat Sport Touring Dirt Cruiser"
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Somebody rode that?
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

You think that is bad? Try this:

Link is http://ratbike.org/photos/y66xs1100.jpg in case the insertion does not work.
      CUAgain,
      Daniel Meyer
      Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
      Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Yep, the Wing is a comfortable tourer, while the xs11 is a muscle bike. Good comparison!
        David Browne
        XS11SG Crunchbird
        XS500E

Comment

Nice example there Danny, same site. I didn't catch that one. Wonder if the owner is regestered here at XS11.com?

Comment

Yah. Afraid I really do not understand the "rat bike" thing . . . I have ridden or driven some pretty bad stuff, but that was of necessity and I was always working to improve/restore them.

If I did that to any of my machines, they would outright revolt and feed me to the jackels (or whatever the machine equivelent is).

To each his own I guess . . .
            CUAgain,
            Daniel Meyer
            Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
            Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

i think a lot of these guys missed the whole point! the original rat bikes were old bikes,mechanically sound with no thought to cosmetics,then came survival bikes custom bikes with a distinct cosmetic style,some of which are well engineered and mechanically improved over standard...but painting a piece of crap stupid colors is not what its all about,i think lazy people use the ratbike name to try and look cool....and fail..all you guys have said the same things about these bikes,and your right,the xs for instance could be fixed up easilly with a few bucks and some t.l.c.its a waste.....still each to thier own.eh?
              mick
              xs1.1s(x2)
              gsxr1100(1127)
              gsx1100g(x2)
              trophy900
              bonneville750

http://www.tonyfoale.com/

Comment

Well said chopper, I think that most of these "RatBikes" are just piles-o-crap, and the owners are trying to make it a status symbol to let your bike go and never do any maintanence.
                Of course a pile of polished shiet is still shiet!

Comment

Rattie

Yerse - agree with most of you guys - I don't get the survival bike / rat bike thing - but have seen some I appreciate.

The Goldwing at the top is a bit extreme, but I have seen similar that were stonkin. Goldwing based, olive green - but no fairings / screens etc .......then the brought out the Valkarie - woof woof (shame I can't afford).

Used live near a trike builder and some of his 'rat' creations were pretty amusing - particularly with huge V8 - V12 engines. Not shiney - but you new for sure that all the mechanicals were spot on.

Not got much time for a rat bike that is a pile of shiet sprayed in camo colours - not big, not clever
                  XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
                  Guzzi 850
                  Z1000

Comment

Working...
                  X