Christmas Gift (vulcan 750)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Gift (vulcan 750)

Well I know we are not the biggest fans of v-twins. However, my father in law did some trade out work for a '91 vulcan 750, and he and my wife decided it would be a nice gift for me.

I am not always comfortable accepting large gifts, but my arguement fell short with my wife due to the facts that my xs was given to me by my father, and her dad was excited about being in a position to do this for me.

Regardless, my xs is at least six months away from being road worthy. My work is extremely busy through April so it will be hard to make time to work on the xs until then. In the meantime, this will give me a nice bike to get back on. It has been over fifteen years since I have been a daily rider.

Just wanted to share this news with my friends on the page. The last few days I have ridden I realized you guys are in my heart with the inspiration I have gotten from this page. Thanks for everything.

Re: Christmas Gift (vulcan 750)

tradeshowjoe wrote:
    Well I know we are not the biggest fans of v-twins. However, my father in law did some trade out work for a '91 vulcan 750, and he and my wife decided it would be a nice gift for me.
    Don't apologize for a V-twin. Lots of us here have a variety of bikes including twins. I think what most don't like is the attitude of certain types of V-twin riders. Mega congrats on the new free ride. Sounds like a sweet one! Keep us posted.

Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Cool.....ride that little guy, till the big iron is ready!
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

It's a sweet deal! You've got a dandy midsize bike for getting back your skills, good commuter, reliable. Who can feel less-than when they've got an xs11 in the hole? Just having one parked legitimizes enjoying another bike, somehow. And you will more fully appreciate the xs11 when you get it together. The first ride will be astounding rather than anxious, and you'll have a familiar favorite route by then.
        David Browne
        XS11SG Crunchbird
        XS500E

Comment

Heya, congrats... I'd like one too, but god knows where all the WWII BMWs and Zundapps went that my father used to ride...
          not to mention the DKWs and such... there is one DKW 175 or 250 that I could get if I restored it, but I've seen the bike and...well... too much work, besides I've got my hands full with the XS.
          Now if it was a big 76-80 guzzi, I wouldn't need to think for a sec I love V-twins.

Anyway, ride safe, I think you'll like a V-twin, but don't be too discapointed... it aint no XS. BTW: get yours roadworthy ASAP... or at least keep it from deteriorating.

LP
          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
          X