Kawasaki Concours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki Concours?

Anyone out there have any experience with this bike? I am considering a new sport tourer, as I'm getting more into Long Distance riding (IronButt type stuff). I have heard lots of things about this bike, both good and bad. Would love to hear from some XSives that might have first hand knowledge.

This one if for sale in my area. A 2003 for $7,899.00. Isn't even 03 yet and already its on sale! Hmmm...could be good, could be bad.

Thanks
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

I looked at them when I bought the Trophy, I was lacking in leg room, ie the pegs were too close to the seat, and I am only 6 foot. Basically and outdated hunk of crap from what I read on it. Almost everthing needs to be replaced or upgraded to make the bike handle and brake and as comfortable as other bikes in it's class. I even looked at one again after I bought my Trophy (cause it was like new and very cheap) and came to the same conclusion again. If all you want is cheap, than it's a great bike. With the ST1300 coming out many great ST1100 will be getting traded in.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I kinda figured it was not just a bargain but CHEAP. I don't want a mount that isn't comfy and reliable, especially since I'm getting it for Long-Distance competition.

I will be competing in the Waltz Across Texas Rally, next April, with the ole XS. If she holds up perhaps I will just keep using it.

Comment

No direct riding experience, but recently read an article on tourer bikes and the Kwack didn't get a very high rating.

Very outdated in comparision with what's out there - and like sixtysix says - the ST1100 is the Jap tourer to go for. Have a friend over here in the UK with an old one he swears by (rather than at).
        XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
        Guzzi 850
        Z1000

Comment

Hey Wayne,
          I think you should look for a Bandit!!! You can add bags or what ever..I have seen 3 2001 Bandit 1200's for less than $4500.00 I love the leg room and ability to sport tour or run with most anything....The insurance is about the same as the Kawa but twice the bike IMHO I really like your xs...but I would consider a Bandit for the money...Hard to beat!!!!!!! Easy to add bags and easy to take them off!!!FWIW
          Shack
          Shack
          79 xs11 Special "SOLD Aug 26 2003"
          2001 GSF K 1200 Bandit "BIG 12"
          Oct 02
          2001 GSF Naked + Black 1200 Dec 03
          3176 miles

Comment

I have considered the bandit. My only concern about it is in the use for IronButt competition. I don't know if it has the wind protection and the "dash" room I need for all my bells and whistles.
            That being said, I would love to get one anyway, I do like the look of them and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Thanks Shack. God bless.

Comment

Here is the link for Connies:

http://www.concours.org/
              Gary Granger
              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Well I guess when you get down to it, the Kaw isnt any more a motorcycle than this one...

Heck my XS only has 18500 miles on it. Its not even broke in.

Comment

WOW!!
                  Your Bike is looking NEW!!! Did you get a new paint job?? You are correct about thw wind protection and dash area...But you could remedy all that and still have less than a Kawa or FJR etc...Do you have an extra beake line for an xs.. I am thinking of adding riser to my xs...Have a Blessed Day!!
                  Shack
                  Shack
                  79 xs11 Special "SOLD Aug 26 2003"
                  2001 GSF K 1200 Bandit "BIG 12"
                  Oct 02
                  2001 GSF Naked + Black 1200 Dec 03
                  3176 miles

Comment

I have some old break lines I took off when I got my Chris Rawson Stainless ones. But they are for a Standard and you have a special. Won't fit I'm afraid, as they are shorter that yours.

E-mail Chris and get a set of his. He made mine a few inches longer than stock for my risers. You just gotta tell him what you want. (Note: He isn't quick about turn around so you will be waiting for them)

You can see the info about his ss lines Here...

BTW, the pict above isn't (actually) my bike even though my bike looks just like this. This is a factory pict that I touched up on the computer in PhotoShop. I like to cybercycle dream.

Comment

Working...
                    X