Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB900C fuel tank needed

Hi there.

A friend just picked up a 1982 CB900C Custom for $400. It runs and drives great.

All it needs is a fuel tank. The one on it leaks,badly and has been repaired once too often. We have Kreemed it, so it will last for a bit, but he really needs another tank.

Any 1980-82 will fit.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

If you know how to weld or know someone who can weld you could split the tank repair and clean it and then have it welded back together. Might be a cheaper route than buying a tank. They can be expensive.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited; imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, I have to admit, this is one I have never heard of...

Problem is, that there is usually nothing left to weld, by the time a tank rots out so bad it needs to be replaced.

The PO tried to rebraze both the lower seams, but 1) Did a very poor job, cosmetically, and 2) it still leaks. The tank is also from an '80, so they had to use brass fittings to adapt the 82 petcock to fit on the 80 tank, and the petcock leaked, too. And to top it off it leaks between the fitting and the petcock.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Here is the link about tank splitting. Another guy on this forum did it before and had good results...

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...threadid=11625
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited; imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein

Comment

That's awesome, opens up a whole new field of antique tank repair!

Especially since I know a qualified welder with his own TIG!

'05 ST1300

Comment

Working...
          X