Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '81 Xs400

Hello,

I have the above bike and I want to get a new Stator for it and replace the handle bars. Any idea where I can find these and why handle bars would you guys recommend? Thanks!

ebay, depending on your riding style and position preference, oh yeah and the way it will end up looking, i thing the cables will determine how far low and how far back you go, maybe stock it best, it's free!!
    "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
    History
    85 Yamaha FJ 1100
    79 yamaha xs1100f
    03 honda cbr 600 f4
    91 yamaha fzr 600
    84 yamaha fj 1100
    82 yamaha seca 750
    87 yamaha fazer
    86 yamaha maxim x
    82 yamaha vision
    78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Nah, the stock bars on a 400 are more like tiller handles. Mine went quick. They're way uncomfortable.

Like he said though, Ebay is the place to go for the stator. As far as bars, MikesXS has a great selection of handlebars at decent prices.

The bars I currently use came off a Honda 3 Wheeler. Blasphemy!
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

bike bandit 16 bucks

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandi...lection_Path=3
        "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
        History
        85 Yamaha FJ 1100
        79 yamaha xs1100f
        03 honda cbr 600 f4
        91 yamaha fzr 600
        84 yamaha fj 1100
        82 yamaha seca 750
        87 yamaha fazer
        86 yamaha maxim x
        82 yamaha vision
        78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Stator is on order. What type of handle bar is the one you'd normally find on a relaxed cruiser? A drag bar? A clubman? Thanks.

Comment

I can't offer too much advice on which bars to pick for the 400 as I've only used the 3-wheeler bars on it. They fit it well though. Just a slight rise to them and a mostly straight grip.

Similar to these:

I have thought a more cruiser-ish set would work well on it too, like these:

It needs to be wider to be comfortable for me though. Those stock bars were horrid. Like trying to steer a small wheelbarrow or something...

I almost feel like I'm leaning forward a tad too much with the shorter bars. Will eventually try a taller set unless my son decides he likes it as is.
            80 XS1100SG
            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

What size offset and all of that? I want a drag bar......something that sticks out a bit and is comfortable, like on most normal cruisers.

Comment

Working...
              X