03 honda cbr 600 f4
    91 yamaha fzr 600
    84 yamaha fj 1100
    82 yamaha seca 750
    87 yamaha fazer
    86 yamaha maxim x
    82 yamaha vision
    78 yamaha rd 400

Big, heavy, handles nice, faster than you really need to go. Surprisingly, sit well in the seat without having to hunch over all that much. (A tall guy's perspective)
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I'm anxious to test ride it in "new concours guise"
      looks very very nice in the pictures. it has been getting predominantly positive press. One of the other Big four manufacturers are probably poised to blow Kawasaki out of the water any second now, this will probably get very interesting over the next few production years me thinks.
      XSRIK
      79 XS1100F "Talkin' 'bout shaft"

77 CB750 A "Dumpster classic" aka "Rattus Ottomaticus"

Comment

heck my meat grinder scares me plenty i can't see how to handle any more or maybe it's more user friendly
        "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
        History
        85 Yamaha FJ 1100
        79 yamaha xs1100f
        03 honda cbr 600 f4
        91 yamaha fzr 600
        84 yamaha fj 1100
        82 yamaha seca 750
        87 yamaha fazer
        86 yamaha maxim x
        82 yamaha vision
        78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Ive rode my friends ZX14 and it is a sweet ride. Very smooth with the dual balance shafts and very fast. Handles fine also. I wouldnt mind having one at all but I dont want to spend the money right now plus I already have a ZX12R with goodies on it that isnt exactly slow.
          1993 ZX11D
          1979 CBX
          1973 Z1
          2001 ZX12R

Comment

how do you find your cbx, must be hard to sync, compared to the eleven?
            "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
            History
            85 Yamaha FJ 1100
            79 yamaha xs1100f
            03 honda cbr 600 f4
            91 yamaha fzr 600
            84 yamaha fj 1100
            82 yamaha seca 750
            87 yamaha fazer
            86 yamaha maxim x
            82 yamaha vision
            78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

I really wasnt looking and it kinda came to me. A guy I know was talking about bringing the bike to me to clean the carbs and the next I know I owned it. I still havent cleaned the carbs but I will get around to it eventually.
              1993 ZX11D
              1979 CBX
              1973 Z1
              2001 ZX12R

Comment

zx-14?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJOlC2HtEZg

Comment

Everything I've read about the ZX14 says it is a great bike. Psychoward (Cycle World) even reported it was far more stable at "warp speeds" than the Busa and that it's power was much more user friendly. If you've ever ridden a Busa you know it can be quite unpredictable regarding power delivery especially when it hits the magic powerband (6000 rpm).

It is a big heavy bike. But that is what makes it stable at speeds. It's also long as a rope.

I am personally waiting to see the new Concours 14. As you know I do several 3000-5000 mile trips annually and this bike would be ideal for me crossing the Nevada desert . I just don't get too excited about buying a first generation "anything". Especially something like the Connie 14 with it's new fangled VVT (variable valve timing). I can only imagine the rats nest that could turn into.

So I'll bide my time until it proves to be worthy then I'll likely snag one. Though Yamaha is my favorite bike historically...I haven't been impressed with much of anything they'd produced in recent years. The Kaw-boys may have killed the witch with this new Concourse. If it is all it's cracked up to be Yamaha will see sales of their FJR drop like a rock.

Comment

You can't have one Maximan.... you have any idea what will happen to my ego if you come out here with a bagger that will leave my pride and joy behind?
                    Seriously, there's no questioning the #'s. The insurance company's know how fast it is too though. Styling is debatable... most people I've talked to would like to see the fins go, and the front might have been inspired by the aliens from Toy Story. But if it's Top Dog speed you want, thats about the cheapest way to it.
                    1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
                    1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
                    1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
                    2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
                    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

Working...
                    X