Victory Vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory Vision

Have you folks seen this yet? Check out the Victory website and here's an article at Motorcycledaily.com .

It looks to me like Victory is leapfrogging the Electra Glide and going straight for the Goldwing and R1200/K1200 BMWs. The more I look at this bike, the more I like it. The style is very streamline moderne, and it's probably the first cruiser tourer that doesn't own any design elements with any Harley ever built. It's interesting that Victory isn't saying what size engine it's going to have in it. They also haven't released a price, but I'd be surprised if it was under $20k.
    1979 XS11F Hazuki ('cause she's always trying to make me her slave.)

Wow not a single comment on this one?

Seems like somebody would say something.

I like it...except for the way the rear bags and rider pod come together. Oh and the front fender does not fit the rest of the bike..I can't wait to ride one.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I don't like them.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Definately some unique styling there. Kinda looks like someone slapped a goldwing front end on a vrod.

The tail is...well..it's hard to say. I'd have to see it in person. Looks wild.
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Polaris is giving it a good college try, but..
          I don't like them.
          Me niether.
          Kinda looks like someone slapped a goldwing front end on a vrod.
          Yep, thats what I thought also.
          The exposed motor looks like it's goin to get hot behind that fairing, even if it is water cooled.
          I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.... It smells like......victory

Comment

It looks too much like a moped
            United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
            If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
            "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
            "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
            Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by HobbyMan
              It looks too much like a moped
              What kind of mopeds do they ride where you live?
              1979 XS11F Hazuki ('cause she's always trying to make me her slave.)

Comment

The people at the Cleveland bike show were highly amused by these two. I thought they looked like scooters on steroids but still interesting to look at.

Mark Stanton

Comment

New Connie

The new Kawasaki Concours is a nice looking machine. I couldn't try it on, but it sure hit all the right notes.

Comment

Well I dunno if I like em or not. First thing I think of is what happens if you drop one? Looks like even a slow speed drop would be big $$$$. If they pack enough ponies in it (like the beemers and current Gold Wing), could be a neat long distance rig. Victory has come along way and seem to be on the right road.
                    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

One of the units where my bikes reside is filled with an 06 Concours. The owner's a nice guy, and raves about the bike.

It's a real beauty, for sure.

Still like my 11 better.
                      80 XS1100SG
                      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

2008 Concours

Modified ZX-14 engine, Variable valve timing(Intake only), ABS, electrically adjustable windscreen, Tire pressure monitors, and my favorite... the keyless ignition. (Carry a small electronic fob in your pocket, and you can turn the ignition switch. And if the fob falls out while you're riding... a dashboard display will tell you how many miles you have to ride back to find it.)
                        (Had to go to an Update Seminar last week)
                        A fine machine...
                        I hope I never have to work on one!

Plug bikes into computers to fix... where's the fun in that?
                        Oh, they recommend that the owner purchase several fobs, in case he loses one ($200 per)
                        "Hey, if you can afford the bike... you can afford the fob"
                        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

the beauty of the connie i thought was they kept it real. Usually you could score one new for between 6500 and 7k. It had the tried and true engine technology. now even though its stinkin hot. its jumping in the ring with the st and fjr. big money!

Comment

Non me piagge questo stronzata! Me thinks it be fugly
                            I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Victory Vision

I know it's been awhile since someone has posted on this thread so -- -- -- there's been some new info on the bike.
                              The new info [of mine] is based upon Rider Magazine's "Kickstarts" column found in their March issue.
                              Rider is claiming that the Vision is based upon it's [Victory's] air-cooled, fuel-injected Freedom engine, SOHC, four valves per cyclinder and 1,634cc.
                              My only comment is about an air cooled touring bike. Seems to me that the rider would get alot of engine heat from it. AND, "if" it's air-cooled, will the engine last 100,000+ miles??
                              Next thought would be the access to the belt final drive for maintenance "on the road". I guess that adjusting the belt tension isn't required very often, BUT -- -- does the tool kit have the required tools to do it while out on a long tour?
                              Just a few thoughts -- -- -- -- perhaps even though it's "based" on an air cooled engine -- -- -- is it air cooled or water cooled? Rider Mag. lead me to believe that it was air cooled. Perhaps Mark could set me straight on this seeing how he's seen the bike in person.
                              I personally like the looks of the Vision Street better that the Vision Tour. I also like the fact that both come with a six-speed transmission and six gallon fuel tank. I also think that to have any kind of a crusing range, the BIG V-twin will need both!
                              And, like JW Sanders said, It DOES look like someone slapped a Gold Wing front end on a V-rod!
                              As for the price; I doubt if 20K would touch either of them.
                              Ride Safe,
                              Greg
                              '80 XS1100-G "Christine"
                              '87 GL1200-I
                              '93 KLX650-C

Comment

Working...
                              X