Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trikes Anyone?

Home Trike Engineering at it's finest!!

Here some trikes that I have been seeing the last few weeks.

This one has a Geo Metro front and rear end weled togeter for the drive unit, stock motor and trans.

This has a Porsche motor of somekind:

And finally this one is a Mazda MR2 or something:

Man that front end looks XSish don't it?? These guys ride these all over the country, I would be scared that they would break in half or something !! Anybody out there building a trike??

More pictures at http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291314321
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

actually... my Dad builds trikes every day. It is his after-retirement 40hour a week part time job...lol
    www.triketown.com
    Shawn
    78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
    78 XS1100E Parts
    www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

When i was on my way thru NY to Ohio we saw quite a few trikes in the Finger lakes area. Where did you run into these?
      Santa Jim
      79 XS11SF
      79 GL100
      83 GL1100 I

Comment

Jim,

These are in the Oswego/Fulton Area actually there was one more I forgot to send a picture of:

This was a kit trike, but was lengthened to make it a true two seater.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Doctor told a friend of mine years ago he could not ride 2 wheelers, so he built this in is back yard. No plans, just some welding, some bolts, and some Pledge.

http://users.penn.com/~lastlaff/friendsbikes.html
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Love anything mechanical

The trikes look wild. I have a brother in a wheel chair that used to ride years ago and I would love to build a trike for. He is the type that would like to drive his electrical wheelchair up on a platform and then hop on the motorcycle part and ride for himself. He is missing the right leg and has pretty good control in his other limbs. I would love to know how to go about doing up a trike like the ones displayed. Tight budget, willing worker. Battman

Comment

Working...
            X