Honda Shadow Sabre Thoughts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Shadow Sabre Thoughts???

I am looking at purchasing a Honda Shadow Sabre if the XJ11 deal goes sour. Anybody have some input on the bike? Give me some feedback, and a vote if you can. Appreciate your help all.
    Great bike, love it!
    33.33%
    Horrible bike, look elsewhere!
    33.33%
    I don't know, quit asking!
    33.33%
    Got to fix it before I can ride it

82 XJ11

We need pictures!!

you mean one like that?
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

That is the beautiful thing I had in mind. Research shows that they were going for about $7750 on average. And with new bikes coming in, I think I could get $7000 if I want it bad enough.

82 XJ11

Comment

Just don't get the ACE edition, AMERICAN CLASSIC EDITION, if you do you will be an ACEHOLE. This ACE is unbalenced to make it feel more like a HARLEY. Runs bad, feels bad, hmmm...it's a Classic! I am in a club that is almost exclusivley metric twins and NOBODY has one of these, lots of V-stars, Vulcans, Intruders etc. but no Hondas, not sure why. We have a 2001 Nighthawk and have 15K trouble free miles on it, they do make a quality product.

Everybody likes the new custom factory paint on these! They look nice.

Anyway please understand these things (V-Twins) only make like 60HP! Just not my bag, like Rick jemison once told me...if it won't go 100mph in second gear, I just ain't interested!!
        Gary Granger

Comment

Thats if you is lucky 60 HP and they sound bad,,,,like Babies farting, you can change that,tho, and then they sound like somebody hitting a trashcan with a mallet, all deep and hollow and no guts or character,,,but nice paint,,,,sorry don't like Vtwins.
          Pretty bike tho. But just show and no go. Imho
          Ken Krieger
          Chesterfield, Va.
          81 XS1100SH - Radar Rider
          82 XJ1100J - Black and Blue
          82 XJ1100J - Bucket o Bolts
          79 XS1100SF - Road Raider
          1980 XS1100 - Frankenbike
          85 XJ700 Maxim
          06 VMax - Black Max
          85 650 Nighthawk

Comment

Originally posted by kenkrieger
            Thats if you is lucky 60 HP and they sound bad,,,,like Babies farting,
            ROTFLMAO , Ken your gonna get flamed now for sure!
            Gary Granger

Comment

Well, my XJ is being fixed now, so I am not too interested in a Sabre right now.

On another note though. I remember a conversation in another post about Wishing Yamaha would make a 2007 XJ11. 25th Annv. Edition. I want to contact them, see if we can't get something in the makings I would buy one of those in a heartbeat. Assuming they don't slap together a frame, hand you an engine, and say have fun

82 XJ11

Comment

Hey jgalle, go to any Yamaha Dealer site in England or Germany and you will see the XJR1300, we don't need an anniversary special, they have been making these bikes under our noses so tom speak, they are not sold here,,, we need to labby Yamaha hard ,or go and buy one, which I may do, I like Germany,what a cool place to ride. But that another story.
                Ken Krieger
                Chesterfield, Va.
                85 XJ700 Maxim
                06 VMax - Black Max
                85 650 Nighthawk

Comment

Yea, the bike is nice. I want more of a cruiser though. it is getting to be a sport bike. May have already been, I dunno... No prices though, check it out here...
                  http://eur.yme.com/page.cfm?pageID=33741

Cool

82 XJ11

Comment

Gary Granger

Comment

About 5199£, or about $8200. However, like stated above by ken, not available in USA. Gonna have to contact Yamaha and grip. I also got an address, going to write a letter, and request a 25th edition XJ/XS be available in 2007 in the USA.

82 XJ11

Comment

XJR1300 is one of the cheapest and best big bike buys you can make here. It's rivals are the Bandit (suzuki, ergo I don't like it), Fazer (hmm... not a sport bike, not a sport-tourer, ???), Hornet 900 (dunno... ugly and 400ccm less...), ZRX1200 (Like the R version, gotta be flat black. Reminds me of Z900 and Z1000) and the new Z1000 (Like the exhaust, everything else... naah).

It's definetly one of the bikes I'm gonna buy new. If I ever have enuff cash. If the XS overcomes it's current problems and runs well for couple a years, I might get one :P

LP
                        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Wonder what it would cost to get one and get it shipped over here? I could get one in a year or two...

82 XJ11

Comment

I have contacted two dealers in England and will post the results of my queries here. Its true the bike looks more like a sport bike but its not far removed from the one you have right now. The accessories that come on it, like the full dress stuff totally alters the look of it and it looks more like ours even more in this type of setup. Anyway didn't really mean to be taken your discussion of the Sabre and turning it ino the XJR thread. Good luck with the XJ.
                            Ken Krieger
                            Chesterfield, Va.
                            85 XJ700 Maxim
                            06 VMax - Black Max
                            85 650 Nighthawk

Comment

The problem is 'You can't bring it to the US' if it is not sold in Canada at least you are screwed. All new bikes sold in Canada have to meet US emissions standards (last 6 or 7 years only) so if the company would send you a letter stating it met all US safety standards AND you could have a dealer modify it with a US speedometer, you could bring it in. But if it is not sold in the US/Canada and is not on the EPA's list then 'You can't bring it to the US'.
                              Gary Granger

Comment

Working...
                              X