Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions for bandit owners

hi all.

i'm looking at newer (2002-2005) bandits and was wondering how they compare to the xs11 in terms of speed, handling, maintenance, fuel economy, etc.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

nobody?

Comment

Hey Beech,

Contact Gary "66" Granger,

He had a Bandit before he got his Aprilia a few years ago, should be able to tell you about it's performance and such!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I've had an 05 1200s bandit for about 8 months now. AWESOME bang for the buck! So far there hasnt been any maintenence issues to talk about. Gas milage is is in the 35-38 mpg range. Same as my XJ1100. It's a good do it all bike. Sporty enough to hang with the sport bikers and comfy enough to do some touring on. Not as comfortable as my XJ, but thats just a different style of ride. The bandit is faster 1.2 seconds in the 1/4 mile for me,handles better in the twisties and brakes MUCH better. I would expect that for the 13 year difference in the two. Still, I love both bikes. Riding one makes me appreceate the other that much more. The Bandit has more modern everything about it. The XJ is in my opinion the essence of motorcycling, the core of what it's all about.
        If you do get a bandit be prepaired to become a wheelie expert. It comes with torque out the wazoo as standard equipment.-Tom.
        05 Suzuki Bandit 1200S

Comment

Re: questions for bandit owners

Originally posted by beechfront
          hi all.

i'm looking at newer (2002-2005) bandits and was wondering how they compare to the xs11 in terms of speed, handling, maintenance, fuel economy, etc.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
          Do a search for Bandit and you will see some of this discussed already BUT...

Speed - much faster, 150+ top speed (more HP everywhere)

Handling - better in everyway, 500% better (25 years has brought handling to a new level)

Maintenance - bullet proof, easy valve adjust (no shims) only thing worse is chain maint.

Fuel Economy - 40 MPG minimum

Awesome bike for the $$....
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

It,s a Great Bike

After chasing a Bandit long enough I bought sixty six bike .It is realy hard to find a bike that dose everything as good as an XS1100 much less better. I love my Bandit to.

XSively
            Bruce
            Bruce Gerken
            '79 XS1100SF
            "The Black"
            '2009 BMW k1300GT'
            The Red Sled.
            St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Working...
            X