brand new xs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brand new xs1100

yes it is a brand new never been registered,only 6 miles on the clock.what a bike i saw it today in a bike shop over here in the uk.it came from the states so how did it get past you lot.it is a "g" model and it is better whhen you see it than in the photos. http://www.dkmotorcycles.co.uk/usedb...acturer=Yamaha it is the third one down and is only £5999. dont know what it is in $.i was sorting out my new bike while i was there and did not know they had this in,oh well i will make do with my mv agusta f4 1000 (brand new) "BUT" if they still have it in a few montrhs time when i have finished paying for the r1 thenn i will have to have it,,GOD I LOVE TOYS.

Only 10.5 grand?

That translates to $10,498.25 in USD. Ouch! The 1980 Special (24k miles) with fairing and bags is up at $5,248.25, certainly a lot more than most would be willing to pay stateside. Was just reading the latest issue of Bike and the prices you folk pay for bikes in the UK is absolutely shocking to a Yank. Add to that gasoline cost and the tax structure you have there and I don't see how anyone can afford to ride at all. Well maybe if one gave up eating one could squeeze out a ride or two every six months...
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

well that means that if i dont spend any of my wages at all i will be able to get the xs in 6 week`s god i will be starvin after that but worth it,but i have just got a new mv agusta me need to think

Comment

Theres drool all over my keyboard Now, where did I put that lottery ticket?
        When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Ehhh.. If I was a collector, that would be nice, but I would take it on a road trip, then it would be worth what all the others are. Then you'd owe 10 grand on a 1500 dollar bike.

Tod
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

There's no denying it's a nice piece. Were I rich, I'd probably buy it and just ride it a lot and like trbig says, it'd be just another $1500 bike but it'd still be a really nice $1500 bike! If you just bought an MV and you're ready to spring for another bike, maybe you can afford it. Since you've got other bikes you could only ride it occasionally just enough to keep it limbered up and only rack up very few miles. It would probably appreciate in value if you did that.
            Shiny side up,
            650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
            XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

"What insight!"

TRBIG, That was the most profound thing I've read in a long time. It's worth repeating again so that it sinks in deeper.
              but I would take it on a road trip, then it would be worth what all the others are.
              I can apply this even further... Sort of reenforces why I ride an old machine. Aside from being the best bike on the road, it does what other bikes costing thousands more can do(and often does it better). To spend obscene amount of money on a bike is just... obscene.
              "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Be still my heart. If you find out who buys it, let me know so I can crawl all the way from here to the just to shake the hand of the man who broke my heart, what a rippa!
                Automotive Imbecile.
                Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
                '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
                1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Pro... you're agreeing with me?? I saw couple months back where you agreed with someone else... (*ducking and looking around... is the sky falling?) Twice in one year!?!?

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100

Comment

nicw bike but like everybody eles is saying what is the bike really worth maybe 3000 at the most us dollars
                    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
                    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

"Lets' agree... to disagree"

Now hold on one moment... I agree with no one. As my view is the only one that matters, let me point out a few things.
                      Statistically, as far as trouble shooting motorcycle problems, there can be only a few correct answers. If my CORRECT answer coinsides with an answer that someone else gave, this is just happenstance. That the other person may have supplied the answer before me just means that I was otherwise too occupied with my important life to take the time to answer first. It also could mean that the other person, having read and dutifully memorized my answers to similar posts, simply mimicked my response in order to inflate themselves in the eyes of others.
                      As for my agreeing with you... occasionally, due to my magnanimous nature, I may type things in such a way as to make others feel good about themselves. (As was the case, here)
                      When I wrote:
                      TRBIG, That was the most profound thing I've read in a long time
                      I was referring to the fact that I actually had written something very similar long ago, that it was quite profound way back then, but that it, along with all my other deep thoughts and cosmic insights, is stored in my vast historical archive and that I had, for the moment, forgotten that I had once uttered the same sentiment.
                      (FORGOTTEN not really being the correct term... I just used it here as it's a common word that most people can understand. In reality... due to my vast wisdom, I just didn't remember uttering such a minor phrase... minor, compared to the other earth-shattering revelations that I've stated previously.
                      I tossed you that little bone to make you feel good about yourself. It pleases me to see that it did what I had intended it to do. You may take comfort in the fact that something you did finally pleased me.
                      Now... let's have no more of these frivilous attempts at "climbing the status ladder"... This is Wednesday, a work day, and I'm sure there are menial tasks that somebody expects you to accomplish for them.
                      I must now sanitize myself, don my robes of office, and go assume my usual, charitable post... where I graciously spend 8 hours a day helping others, with my learned mind and skillful hands, fix the problems which they have brought upon themselves by not following my sage advice and performing maintenance on their own machines in a timely manner.

HHmmm.. I see by the timepiece on my dressing table, that I shall now be late for my appointed rounds. There will now be a throng of humanity at the gates, bemoaning the fact that I have not arrived as prophesied. "It's been four weeks... why isn't my bike done yet?" "Float needles... I didn't ask for new float needles!" Oh, how the ignorant harp and grouse!

Comment

Thirty five posts till GURU. Prepare to worship!

Comment

Prepare a feast!!! Round up all the nubile young women in the kingdom. Declare a holiday!!! Grog and mead for everyone. Release the pidgeons (just not over my bike)!!!! We shall dance the night away!!!!
                          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

if i can buy it,then no way would i ride it, it would be to show off one of the greatest motorcycle ever to be built and i do not think anyone on here will say otherwise about the xs1100,i just wonder how it came out of the usa with out anyone on here knowing about it.there is one thing i have come to know is that i need to move into my garage so the xs1100`s can come in to the house.

Comment

Prom likes to blame the lowly for his lateness to his appointed rounds... but in actuality, it's due to the fact that it's hard to get anywhere quickly when you are trying to move through BS that is nearly neck deep! Keep up posts like that and we will be writing your obituary due to the dreaded "Bovine fecal aspiration" when the stuff gets nostril deep!
                              Don't worry though Pro... you've always been a guru to us
                              (In your own mind)

Tod

Current bikes:
                              '06 Suzuki DR650
                              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                              '81 XS1100 Special
                              '81 YZ250
                              '80 XS850 Special
                              '80 XR100