Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great Saturday in TN

I'm a happy camper.

Have 2 well running bikes, and the weather here is great!

Rode the 11 around for a little bit with my son on it with me today, and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be....even going really slow. I thought it would throw the balance off more. Never have really done much 2-up riding.

I put the factory pipes on it from the parts bike and man what a difference! They will never look all that good, sadly, but they are solid. The low end is a LOT better now. The hesitation I'd been getting from 1500-3500 is all smoothed out now. A carb-sync and I think it'll be just right. The more subdued and throaty tone of the factory pipes is like music.

I just hope the engine I'm polishing runs as well as this one. I'm going to hate taking it out. On a side note, I did end up scarring a fin when pulling the jugs. At least they're off. That was a real pain. Took me and a friend prying on it even after heat to get it to budge. Going to try using alumiweld to fix it. Had fair results with it before on the engine case. It should work much better on the thinner fins. Luckily, it's only a small break on one fin. The innards of the motor seem to be in good shape, so far. Much left to do on it, for sure.

All I need is a rocker arm adjustment and a couple of other parts for the 400 and it will be in great shape as well. I've come to like the little bike a lot...it's a breeze to work on. Gotta change the bars though. For it's size it's pretty zippy. Can throw it around easy too, after being used to heaving that 11 around. It should be 100% by next weekend, if I get the stuff in by then. Just in time for the MSF class I'm taking.

Just finished ordering everything. Will be fun next week all the presents I'll be getting. Finally, a syncher! Been wanting one for ever.
    80 XS1100SG
    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made
Working...
X