Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the XS going for a first spin.

Hi Guys,

Today I drove the XS for a first (evening) trip.
    She was still hessitating with a lot of sputter when I drove of.
    After 10 miles she was warming up and getting to feel better.
    I kept her steady between 2500 and 4000 rpm and drove about 135 miles with no sweat at all. Made a couple of stops to check on her for leakage, spills and so on. The further I got the more I was getting to like her.

On the way back home a guy passed me on CB600F. He was well into cornering, I still have to get used to the XS and was taking it easy. But when we both arived at the traffic lights, I just could not resist to have it a go.... Well the CB600 was no competition.
    He was like crawling behind his cockpit and I just stayed up straight, pretending that I was still like cruising. The XS was in front all the way.

Boy what a torque does she have.

Yes, my oppinion to Yamaha and especially the XS has changed a lot. The XS is a wonderfull cruiser and if needed waves her taillight to others.

Great experience, can't wait to get back from work tomorrow and have another go.

The Dutchy.
    Freedom is speaking the longing for life when the opinions of the ages inform your experience that death is all that awaits you.
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/TheDutchy.jpg

They are real "sleepers". Wait till you blow a big inch, big $ HD in the weeds. Ya gotta love 'em.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
    X