Gloomy Day in the Lounge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloomy Day in the Lounge...

Looking at the lounge bums me out tonight. It's all "death of my xs" and "someone killed my xs" and "rain rain go away." Anyone got any news to cheer us up?
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

I'll be putting in my Progressive front springs in the morning. And then maybe a short ride on Sunday, if it's not raining!!.
    Does that hel?
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I'll add a little myself, I am the one who won the progressive shocks off of ebay
      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

.. i got a project i started 3 years ago finished enough to ride it to work tomorrow....the guinea pig lives again!<--

"guinea [slang for Italian], pig [slang for Harley]= guinea pig, small Harley or small Italian bike with the name Harley stuck on the side of it"

Comment

Rained again today, rode the bike anyway. I had a really nice ride and didn't see one other bike. My new (this season) rainsuit is doing it's job. One good thing about the rain, it gives me an excuse not to clean the bike!
          Shiny side up,
          650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
          XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

I'll add one here too, I got my ss lines in the mail today!

They look good, and I'll probably install them on the next nice day.

(bad weather, tornados here today)

But I'm excited about tring my baby with good brakes!
            '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

Had fun yesterday.
              Sun was out (unusual lately)

Late yesterday afternoon decided had enough of work and pulled the clutch on my 80LG and stole a plate and put into the 80G which has been slipping.

Ran around the shop, then after closing went for a ride.
              Rush hour traffic sucked (Fridays for some reason just more cars out)

So turned into Niles (my reg. place) and took a pit stop. Shot some pool etc..

About 7 traffic was reasonable and took a run up Niles Canyon and then through Sunol to Pleasanton. Stopped at my sisters house and then went back the way I'd come.

Sure is nice to be able to twist the throttle, RPM climbs and so does the speedO

mro

Comment

Here is some good news

I just saved a ton on my bike insurance. I have Dairyland insurance, and my current policy expires in a couple of weeks. I went to (gulp) the h-d shop to renew (the only Dairyland agent near me). The renewal was going to be $132 for two XS 11's, but I needed to add That Damned FJ to the policy also. The agent asked if I would like her to do a rate quote, to try and find a better price. She found a homeowners discount, and I was able to get all three for $96, but that went up to $118 when she saw that I had a claim last year. Still, $118 isn't bad for three bikes insurance. Even better news...I got to run the SWMBO 2.0 program yesterday while the kids were playing in the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by xj11john
                  I'll add one here too, I got my ss lines in the mail today!
                  I ordered my SS lines Thursday and had a call from the shop that afternoon. Craig just wanted to double check measurements. Said he was going to build them that evening and ship yesterday. I'll be happy when they show up.

Also, the oil cooler I won on ebay came yesterday! Gotta love new toys to dress up my old girl.

Now that I'm done with the initial carb work, things are moving much quicker (when i have time to work on it) and I'm getting pumped about the first ride.

My work place also has replaced our motorcycle only parking spots around the various lots. Prime riding is getting close.

Eric
                  Eric Roellig
                  1980 SG w Windjammer V & KG hard bags
                  **Very first bike**
                  Current condition: Running!!! Lead, follow or get the #^%# out of my way!!!!!!

Comment

We are geting ready to move and the wife says that as soon as the basement is finished I get to spend all the time and $$$ I need to get the bike running so it can be moved easily. One more xs will be resurected...

Comment

Originally posted by GNEPIG
                      .. i got a project i started 3 years ago finished enough to ride it to work tomorrow....the guinea pig lives again!<--

"guinea [slang for Italian], pig [slang for Harley]= guinea pig, small Harley or small Italian bike with the name Harley stuck on the side of it"
                      What is it? Aermacchi Sprint? Don't keep us in the dark, inquiring minds want to know.
                      Shiny side up,
                      650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Link to guinea pig site. C'mon, gnepig, we need to see yours.....
                        Ken Talbot

Comment

Link to guinea pig site
                          .. wow! groovy site, thanx Ken
                          : Mike, it's a 69 350 sprint SS = aermacchi

Comment

.. it still needs work but it's good enough to ride to work on for now. i'm looking forward to about 60 miles per gallon with this one and it's fun to ride too

Comment

Cool!

Looks nice and functional Gnepig. Are those Pirelli Universal dirt track tires? Used to run those on my Britbikes back in the day.

Those with even a smattering of Italian will have no trouble deciphering that Aermacchi made airplanes, or at least they did until Italy wound up on the losing side in WWII. After the war they got into bikes. Harley dealers kept pressuring the Motor Co. for new entry level bikes since Harley's sole lightweight, the Hummer, was horribly dated and slow (so were their big bikes) so Harley bought Aermacchi which turned out to be a pretty good move for them. The bikes got Harley a bunch of lightweight racing victories as can be seen from the Guinea Pig site link.

The Sprint 350 was the ne plus ultra of Harley Aermacchi street bikes. Dealer let me take a 250 for a test ride back in the early '60s. I liked it a lot. Great looking mill too.
                              Shiny side up,
                              650 Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X