Someone killed my xs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone killed my xs

We had a very sad day here in Mora. I was gone for nite Sun. nite thinking my baby was safe in the garage. She was all ready to take out for a spring ride. Well some jerk off 18 yr old decided
    he would drive through my garage and take out the back wall and then leave his car parked on top of my baby. Then the gutless S O B took off and left his car there on top of my baby.
    On top of that it's his dad's car. Talk about brains in his aiss. Don't know how to post a picture otherwise I would. I will have a proper service when the insurance co. decides what it's going to do. She was a real nice 80 G. I will miss it. Will let you all know.

woodbutcher

A moment of silence please...
    I'm sorry about your loss. Put the screws to that stupid punk!

Comment

My heart-felt condolences for your sad loss.. There's always so much more that one had wanted to say to a loved one, before they were tragically taken from us.
      "What if I had washed her more often..." "This never would have happened had I changed oil more frequently...." "I should have stayed home that night and left my car in the driveway blocking the garage...."
      Don't hold yourself responsible, Woodbutcher... There are things in this life that we often have no control over.
      She's in a better place now... a place away from spilled gravel on blind corners and blind women gabbing on their cell phones while driving.
      Cherish the moments that you shared together. She was healthy, strong and always willing to give you pleasure. Remember her this way... as she would have liked it.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Killed my Xs

Thanks guys for your condolences. I will cherish my time that we spent together.

A tear in the corner of my eye.

woodbutcher

(Vengance is mine) I read that somewhere

Comment

hey wood butcher
          i have a frame for an 80 g that i parted out
          and i'm sure others here have parts
          make a list see what happens
          http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
          78E main ride, since birth the "good"
          78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
          78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
          79F Parts
          80G Parts
          75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

xswilly hey wood butcher
            .. yeah what he said, ask and ye shall receive

Comment

That's awful. Hanging's too good. His parents must be so proud! Insist that the insurance company (or his parents) give you enough moolah that you are "made whole" to use the legal phrase.
              Shiny side up,
              650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
              XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

I will have a proper service when the insurance co. decides what it's going to do.

Lots a luck.
                May need a "lawyer" (haite that word)
                Got a good photo of your bike? Get a letter from Merriam what it was worth and what cost to restore/replace, otherwise

mro

Comment

Got a good photo of your bike? Get a letter from Merriam what it was worth and what cost to restore/replace, otherwise
                  .. yeah, what he said, and use lots of words like obsolete, classic and ereplacable. then hope that the insurance goob doesnt judge your bikes worth by a blue book

Comment

Whose book?

Book value is just something insurance companies use to rip off the public. It may be a classic but to them it's just used. A couple of people on the XS650 list have gotten good settlements from insurance companies (after turning down the insulting low ball offers) just by holding out and insisting, all the while muttering the "L" word (Can you say "lawyer"?) under their breath. One has the right to be "made whole" in these matters.

My friend had an unrestored but cherry and original '36 Packard that was totalled by a Muni bus in San Francisco years ago and he got paid like it was an old jalopy or something. In those days you wouldn't have gotten far trying to sue the City of San Francisco. Now they would probably settle up pretty good just to avoid being sued.
                    Shiny side up,
                    650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Start making a parts list I have lot of parts . ask John ther is a lot oof help here you can rebuld a real nice one check out John,s bike he rebult YOU CAN NOT KEEP A GOOD MAN DOWN!

XSively
                      Bruce
                      Bruce Gerken
                      '79 XS1100SF
                      "The Black"
                      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                      The Red Sled.
                      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

woodbutcher,

Don't give up on her yet. These bikes are tough (and rebuildable).
                        DZ
                        Vyger, 'F'
                        "The Special", 'SF'
                        '08 FJR1300

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I'd have to agree with everyone. Don't take the their first offer. Have a picture of the bike and if you have to get a lawyer get one. When a bike gets over 25 years old aren't they considered a classic? That should help with something. You would think any way. I say rebuild her. Take this chance to make it better then she was before. It would give you a chance to do any ideas or thoughts you had with improvements. Make a list. If I have anything I can give you to help you out it will be on the way. I don't have much but I'll still offer it to you. Good luck and again I'm sorry to hear your loss. Hope that punk @ss kid learns a lesson from this. I'd put the little punk to work cleaning up the mess he made.
                          Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
                          87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
                          93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
                          71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
                          69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

Settling with insurance company: The Yella Boike Story

By way of encouragement, one of the guys on the XS650 list had a cherry and original '71 XS650, one of only 10,000 made. It was "totalled" by a cager. He got lowballed by the insurance company, around $400 Australian IIRC. He was injured as well. They don't have "pain and suffering" in Australia so he struck out on that score but they paid his medical bills. He dickered and demanded and finally got the insurance company to agree to this: Since they couldn't find anyone to fix the bike or give an estimate, they agreed to give him what he asked which was enough for the parts he needed and paint and such. He had to repair the bike himself though. The results were fantastic. Here's the finished rebuild, just like brand new:

Illegitimus non carborundum!
                            Shiny side up,
                            650 Mike

Comment

Resurrection???

Hi woodbutcher

I've got a macho maroon standard tank
                              Simplyd1 gave me.

mro

Comment

Working...
                              X