Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owl's Head Antique Motorcycle Festival

Fellow XSives -

Last night I got back from the Owl's Head Transportation Museum Antique Motorcycle Festival . What a show! There were hundreds of classic/antique motorcycles from all over the world. (Sadly, only one XS/XJ1100 turned up, other than my ’79 F. ) We should remedy that in 2003!

This would be an outstanding place to have an XS rally next year. Riders and passengers on bikes over 20 years old (that's US) are admitted free and have their own display area. So, people from all over the northeast and Atlantic Canada would come and admire our bikes while we were enjoying the free exhibits!

In addition to all the bikes, there were dozens of classic/antique cars and airplanes.

For lots of pictures, see my Owl’s Head album at Imagestation. You may have to join to see the images, but membership is free. It’s a handy place to post and organize your photos.

Motorcycle Festival Pictures

The Antique Motorcycle Festival is held on Sunday every Labor Day weekend, so plan ahead for next year!

Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Re: Owl's Head Antique Motorcycle Festival

I was really impressed by your pictures and the Museum. I really enjoyed my PEI rally but I wished I could have gone to the Owl's Head Museum as well! Are you going to be around next year, Bill? I'll seriously consider going if you are. I may just have to make it part of yearly vacation and take my wife and girls. Lots of time to plan...

Mark

Originally posted by Bill
    Fellow XSives -

Last night I got back from the Owl's Head Transportation Museum Antique Motorcycle Festival . What a show! There were hundreds of classic/antique motorcycles from all over the world. (Sadly, only one XS/XJ1100 turned up, other than my ’79 F. ) We should remedy that in 2003!

This would be an outstanding place to have an XS rally next year. Riders and passengers on bikes over 20 years old (that's US) are admitted free and have their own display area. So, people from all over the northeast and Atlantic Canada would come and admire our bikes while we were enjoying the free exhibits!

In addition to all the bikes, there were dozens of classic/antique cars and airplanes.

For lots of pictures, see my Owl’s Head album at Imagestation. You may have to join to see the images, but membership is free. It’s a handy place to post and organize your photos.

Motorcycle Festival Pictures

The Antique Motorcycle Festival is held on Sunday every Labor Day weekend, so plan ahead for next year!

Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
    '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
    '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

Working...
    X